KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Owner - Extractor Pivot Pin Seating

2 posters

Go down

New Owner - Extractor Pivot Pin Seating Empty New Owner - Extractor Pivot Pin Seating

Post by FloridaOccifer Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:11 am

After purchasing my CRB (used) for a decent price I have been going through this thing prior to my range trip. One area I am concerned with is the extractor pivot pin. When disassembled I noticed the pivot pin was showing on the left side of the bolt more than 2mm. Upon applying pressure I was able to seat it back into the bolt but my question is how far should this pin be set into the bolt? I have attached an image showing where it currently sits after a slight tap with a punch but there is still silver showing from the pin.

New Owner - Extractor Pivot Pin Seating IMG_2537

I downloaded the Owners manual and Armorers Manual but there is nothing specific on these (which concerns me considering I am an armorer).

Any SPECIFIC input is great appreciated.

Thank you.
FloridaOccifer
FloridaOccifer

Back to top Go down

New Owner - Extractor Pivot Pin Seating Empty Re: New Owner - Extractor Pivot Pin Seating

Post by Ezveedub Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:14 pm

You need to seat the pin in more. When looking at mine, you cannot see either end of the pin from the same viewing angle. Its staked on the side to keep the pin from sliding out and apparently a tiny minute stake on the side your pin is exposed on when comparing it to mine.

Ezveedub

Back to top Go down

New Owner - Extractor Pivot Pin Seating Empty Re: New Owner - Extractor Pivot Pin Seating

Post by FloridaOccifer Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:28 pm

Ezveedub wrote:You need to seat the pin in more. When looking at mine, you cannot see either end of the pin from the same viewing angle. Its staked on the side to keep the pin from sliding out and apparently a tiny minute stake on the side your pin is exposed on when comparing it to mine.

Thank you, I was wondering if this was a user serviceable item or factory set. From your input it sounds like a factory set item.
FloridaOccifer
FloridaOccifer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezveedub Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:52 pm

Its most likely a factory set pin, but you should be able to apply a small tap stake to set it or drop of Loctite maybe.

Ezveedub

Back to top Go down

Post by FloridaOccifer Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:58 pm

Sounds like a plan. Thank you for the input.
FloridaOccifer
FloridaOccifer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down