KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carbine owners. Shoot without shroud?

3 posters

Go down

Carbine owners. Shoot without shroud? Empty Carbine owners. Shoot without shroud?

Post by Solscud007 Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:49 pm

Hey you Vector Carbine owners. I want to get a larger test grouping. I only tried it once, back in May 2010 at my Tactical Carbine class. My 50 yd zero was completey screwed and off paper when i removed the shroud. Putting the shroud back on corrected the problem.

If you guys are going out to shoot. try shooting with the shroud off and see how your groups are. Ideally at distance and then do it with the shroud on. Im curious if the rounds are consistent with the shroud off, or if it is wild with the shroud off.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Carbine owners. Shoot without shroud? Empty Re: Carbine owners. Shoot without shroud?

Post by mambro Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:03 pm

For those that do the test, be sure to have Loctite for reassembly and watch out not to tear up the o-ring. Smile
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Carbine owners. Shoot without shroud? Empty Re: Carbine owners. Shoot without shroud?

Post by Solscud007 Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:04 pm

Bah. I dont use Loctite. hehe. Seriously I dont. I havent noticed any problems and I hold the shroud when I shoot now.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by drowe26 Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:27 pm

I recent received a Form 1 to convert my Kriss CRB to an SBR. I had someone that was going to cut it down for me, but he no longer can do it. I talked to Kriss and they cannot receive a non-SBR with a Form 1 and then convert it to SBR. However, I can cut it down to an SBR and send it to them for a factory installed SBR barrel. I need some advice on how to cut it down to an SBR. The first step would be removing the shroud. Then... I could do something as crude as take a hacksaw to it. As long as it is an SBR then Kriss will accept it and replace the barrel anyway.

How do I remove the shroud? Any other advice?

Thanks
Dave
drowe26
drowe26

Back to top Go down

Post by drowe26 Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:55 pm

I found it... Page 11
http://www.kriss-arms.com/pdf/armorer_guide/KRISS_Armorer's_Course_2012.pdf
drowe26
drowe26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down