KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carlson Comp KX1 for the KRISS SBR/SDP/SMG

3 posters

Go down

Carlson Comp KX1 for the KRISS SBR/SDP/SMG Empty Carlson Comp KX1 for the KRISS SBR/SDP/SMG

Post by Solscud007 Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:18 am

I have been talking to a guy over at CarlsonComps over on the KTOG forums regarding the KSG comp. He mentioned that he made a prototype for KRISS Arms. Here is a picture. It is a compensator for the SDP/SBR/SMG platforms. So it is wasted on me haha.

KRISS ARMS declined the project. I'm trying to get more info as to what exactly the purpose of this comp is for.

Carlson Comp KX1 for the KRISS SBR/SDP/SMG Carlso10

Something to think about; KRISS Vector manages recoil and muzzle climb rather well. However when I shot the SMG, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy3NSVDRGig, the recoil and muzzle climb were more pronounced than what I was used to in my Vector Carbine. So in the case of this Comp I'm curious if it manages muzzle flash (watch my video) and/or does it help with recoil and muzzle climb?

I know from shooting my AR with the Battle Comp, recoil is reduced and muzzle climb is at a minimum. Interesting to find out the purpose of the Carlson KRISS Comp other than having a stand off device and something pokey to jab into people's faces.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Carlson Comp KX1 for the KRISS SBR/SDP/SMG Empty Re: Carlson Comp KX1 for the KRISS SBR/SDP/SMG

Post by Solscud007 Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:44 pm

I had a lengthy conversation with the guy who made this. He says that due to the Non Disclosure agreement he cant go into much detail with his dealings with KRISS ARMS but he can talk about this product.

It reduces muzzle flash by 85%. Tests were done with Winchester White Box 230gr.

It is a flash hider andso it is not for those states that do not allow flash hiders.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Carlson Comp KX1 for the KRISS SBR/SDP/SMG Empty Re: Carlson Comp KX1 for the KRISS SBR/SDP/SMG

Post by Raden Sun May 20, 2012 10:00 am

Looks like a krink style break. If so then it will reduce the noise level to the operator, basically it directs the report of the fired round forward. I have one on a AR15 SBR and it helps a lot with perceived noise levels.
Raden
Raden

Back to top Go down

Post by GlocksInMySocks Wed May 23, 2012 1:10 am

looks like rip of the noveske pig. Is there anything special inside the front or is it just a device to send all the blast forward?

GlocksInMySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down