KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SBR Engraving

+2
GlocksInMySocks
Raden
6 posters

Go down

SBR Engraving Empty SBR Engraving

Post by Raden Sat May 19, 2012 12:13 pm

Where are you guys placing the engraving for your SBR's. Pics would be very helpful.
Raden
Raden

Back to top Go down

SBR Engraving Empty Re: SBR Engraving

Post by GlocksInMySocks Wed May 23, 2012 1:07 am

Very, very few people actually engrave theirs and fill out a form 1. Most people either buy a SBR or have KRISS put it down for them. If you do it yourself, you lose the factory warranty, and trust me, you definitely want your warranty with this gun.

I sent mine back to the factory to have it done, takes forever.

GlocksInMySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Raden Wed May 23, 2012 11:13 am

If I do the form 1 can I then send it to KRISS and have them do the work to keep the warranty?
Raden
Raden

Back to top Go down

Post by GlocksInMySocks Wed May 23, 2012 11:28 am

No, they have to do it for you. I doubt you would be able to find a gunsmith that could do it anyway. The barrel is supposed to borderline impossible to remove

GlocksInMySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Raden Wed May 23, 2012 5:51 pm

Barrel wouldn't be a issue since it's a pistol... all I would need to do is install the stock
Raden
Raden

Back to top Go down

Post by GlocksInMySocks Wed May 23, 2012 5:53 pm

some have talked about doing it on here, not sure if anyone actually has gone through with it though. Best to just call KRISS and ask

GlocksInMySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by beltfed Sat May 26, 2012 6:38 pm

If I do the form 1 can I then send it to KRISS and have them do the work to keep the warranty?.

YES......

I have saved emails from Kriss stating so. I own an SDP and submitted a Form 1 a few months ago. Before I submitted the F1 I contacted Kriss via email (for documentation purposes) inquiring this very thing and they state that yes I can submit a Form 1 to SBR the SDP. Once the stamp comes back you mail the SDP and copy of the Form 1 directly to Kriss for engraving and stock installation. They then return the SBR directly back to you. It can be done this way because once you have an approved F1 you now become the legal "MAKER" of the Kriss SBR and all you are doing is technically sending the gun back to the original "manufacturer" for service....all while retaining the factory warranty.

The benefit is that you can enjoy your Kriss SDP while waiting for the ATF.

The barrel is supposed to borderline impossible to remove.

This is true. The barrel is pressed into the trunnion and held in place by pressed pins, almost exactly like an AK type rifle. The trunnion is sandwiched between the left and right frame sections and the frame sections are crush riveted in place.
The barrel cannot be removed without drilling out the 4 special rivets that hold the frame to the trunnion.

beltfed

Back to top Go down

Post by GlocksInMySocks Sun May 27, 2012 1:12 am

ask and you shall receive!

GlocksInMySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by ROLL Sun May 27, 2012 1:30 pm

beltfed wrote:
If I do the form 1 can I then send it to KRISS and have them do the work to keep the warranty?.

YES......

I have saved emails from Kriss stating so. I own an SDP and submitted a Form 1 a few months ago. Before I submitted the F1 I contacted Kriss via email (for documentation purposes) inquiring this very thing and they state that yes I can submit a Form 1 to SBR the SDP. Once the stamp comes back you mail the SDP and copy of the Form 1 directly to Kriss for engraving and stock installation. They then return the SBR directly back to you. It can be done this way because once you have an approved F1 you now become the legal "MAKER" of the Kriss SBR and all you are doing is technically sending the gun back to the original "manufacturer" for service....all while retaining the factory warranty.

The benefit is that you can enjoy your Kriss SDP while waiting for the ATF.

The barrel is supposed to borderline impossible to remove.

This is true. The barrel is pressed into the trunnion and held in place by pressed pins, almost exactly like an AK type rifle. The trunnion is sandwiched between the left and right frame sections and the frame sections are crush riveted in place.
The barrel cannot be removed without drilling out the 4 special rivets that hold the frame to the trunnion.

I was going to try and add the stock to the SDP myself using the explanation in your thread you made but if I can just have KRISS do it when my F1 comes back with me as the maker I will probably do that. Didn't realize this was an option.

Edit: the advantage being I would only be without the gun for weeks and not months waiting on forms.

ROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by Raden Sun May 27, 2012 4:50 pm

Thanks for the help... I'll be sending it to Kriss when the form 1 comes back.
Raden
Raden

Back to top Go down

Post by beltfed Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:37 pm

Did your Form 1 come back yet?

Mine did, Today actually. Bad news is I am deployed until march of next year..........

I did happen to Skype my wife though and she installed the buttstock on my SDP so I at least got to see it completed. I love her. Actually I left the rear section of the SDP apart before I deployed so all she had to do was slap the stock on and push the pin in...pretty easy.

So there you have it. An owner converted SDP into SBR on a form 1. Ill just need to get it engraved when I return home. I enev had the barrel rethreaded for a suppressot, Ive got a thread on it somewhere on here.

Ill try to get her to take me some pics of the gun for yall.....in a day or two.

beltfed

Back to top Go down

Post by Xn0r Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:31 pm

Nice. I was wondering how difficult it would be to put the stock onto the SDP. Is it simple as just swapping the little end piece off and putting a normal stock on it?
Xn0r
Xn0r

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:14 am

XnOr, it is a little more involved. It is simply a matter of removing it. It is a bit more convoluted than just a drilled out hinge pin.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down