KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for "KRISS SUPER V" mods for reasonable prices

3 posters

Go down

Looking for "KRISS SUPER V" mods for reasonable prices Empty Looking for "KRISS SUPER V" mods for reasonable prices

Post by Boredgimp Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:58 am

I have working on my Vector Super V and have not had almost any success trying to get parts for fair prices or getting help from anyone so i took it upon myself to start trying to make parts that will work with the Super V. Also if anyone has any good ideas once they have looked at my please feel free to jump in i have a lot more ideas but have to wait finically for the timing to be right and so on.

Last edited by Boredgimp on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Boredgimp

Back to top Go down

Looking for "KRISS SUPER V" mods for reasonable prices Empty HERE'S MY KRISS SUPER V MODS SHOW, NOW SHOW ME YOURS!!!!! LETS ALL GET TOGETHER TO HELP EACH OTHER MAKE OUR OWN PERFECT SUPER V'S!!!!!

Post by Boredgimp Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:05 am

Here are a few Mods i have done:
Firstly i found some rail mounts only that were close to the fit i needed drilled them down to fit the holds correctly then i put an LED light on one side and a Quick release Bayonet on the other. I have a 1.5 Million volt stun gun also mounted only the gun that gives me a non lethal solution should i need one. I also got a for grip that is pretty easy and cheap to find and cut it to fit my Super V by slowly sanding to to the correct sizing.
I am working with the light component system that Kriss sells for crazy amounts that i am not going to pay. I found the actual lights super cheap and used then made a mount out of extra stuff i had lying around saving me a few more bucks but unfortunately i am going to have to get the actual light sensor from Kriss because i have been unable to do it by any other means.
I am working now on putting a bipod onto the firearm but space is an issue and so it host so i was thinking about putting a rifle mount onto the suppressor and a rail onto it then feeding the bipod onto that
I of coarse got a cheaper scope that i will be upgrading soon to an EoTech when i get the money to do it but for now it works fine..

Theres a lot more that i am going to be doing but could really use some idea's from you guys on some low to medium cost ideas for the Super V.
I am putting all this up here to help out my fellow Kriss Super V owners hopefully get all they can out of their rifles but i could really use some help as well. I will be depending on thoughts and ideas from y'all to help me to contract the most badass Super V out there.
let me know your thoughts are and anything you've done to better your Super V and if you would like some help feel free to email or respond on here as well!!!!!!.

Last edited by Boredgimp on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:53 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Kriss, Vector, Super V, .45 Caliber, Modifications, Mods, Cheaper, Carbine, Surefire Lighting System,)

Boredgimp

Back to top Go down

Looking for "KRISS SUPER V" mods for reasonable prices Empty Re: Looking for "KRISS SUPER V" mods for reasonable prices

Post by beltfed Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:19 pm

First, your barrel looks waaaaaay to long. You should cut it down and re-thread it . That will help a lot. Do it legally obviously.

He can do it for you......

Looking for "KRISS SUPER V" mods for reasonable prices 9ebb9960

Next. buy a bunch of ammo and practice practice practice with it. Shoot it a lot and get it broke in real nice. Becoming very proficient with the KRISS's manual of arms will lead you to the path of enlightenment on what upgrades you need VS want and whats necessary and not for you to be able to use the weapon effectively.

Good luck and lets us know what else you can come up with.

welcome1

beltfed

Back to top Go down

Looking for "KRISS SUPER V" mods for reasonable prices Empty Re: Looking for "KRISS SUPER V" mods for reasonable prices

Post by Boredgimp Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:30 am

i am pretty proficient with it and i was told that the barrel was as short as legally allowed as a rifle in the state of Virginia unless i want to apply for certain permits. Is this incorrect?

Boredgimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Boredgimp Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:36 am

Currently my biggest problem is that i am disabled and unable to hold most firearms without losing my sight and shaking due to my disability.. I used to be a bit more efficient but i figured why quit doing something i love just because my body hates me lol. I can however still wok on stuff and that is what i enjoy when i can anyway.

Boredgimp

Back to top Go down

Post by beltfed Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:59 pm

I would google SBR laws in virginia. A quick search shows that SBRs are allowed for private ownership in your state. THere no "liscense" needed to own an SBR. What you do need is an approved $200 tax stamp fropm the BATFE.

Every answer to your questions can be found in the NFA handbook produced by BATF&E and downloadable from the ATF website.

I think, especially with being disabled, a shorter barrel will be your biggest upgrade. It is functional and would aid you in enjoying your hobby for extended periods with less fatigue. Plus its just badass.

Youd be looking at about $350 when its all said and done. $200 for the tax stamp and $150ish for Mr Stuteville to do the machining for ya. save your money on lights lasers and whizgidgets.

beltfed

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:15 am

I have dabbled in making accessories for my KRISS Vector. But it isnt cheap.

I have made Magpul styled Speedplates for my mags and tried to make an AR stock adatper for the KRISS. My next projects are to finalize the stock adapter, freefloat rail adapter and a right hand mag release.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by Boredgimp Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:17 am

I guess my big problems with getting the tax stamp and going through all that fun stuff is a three parter..lol...
First, the ATF will be so far up my ass that i will be coughing their shined shoes.
Second, If i go to sell the Super V which i probably won't ever do but if i end up in a situation where i have to do it it will have to be to a shop that will have to re-sell it to someone willing to go through the process of getting their own tax stamp, which is going to dramatically decrease the guns value due to the work that it will take them to find a buyer.
Third and lastly the 350 i don't currently have to waste on a few inches off my barrel when i could do so much more with that amount of money as far as making it lighter and other. I had noticed that on the Kriss website they do sell barrels that are lighter for it are that also ones that i would need the tax stamp for?

Boredgimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:55 am

Actually i think you are getting confused with the barrel shroud. They have barrel shroud that have holes and slots.

There.are.some.benefits.to having a carbine length Vector. Increased accuracy at further distances. And from my personal experience in a low light range, almost zero IR signature. SBR has short barrel like the SMG. Lots of unburned powder comes out causing flash. If you adopt a thumb over bore grip, like I do, then accuracy improves even more when moving and shooting fast.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down