KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which EoTech?

+3
Gun
CatMostFeared
DuneShoot
7 posters

Go down

Which EoTech? Empty Which EoTech?

Post by DuneShoot Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:29 pm

I'm trying to decided which EoTech model I want or even if I can justify an EoTech.
From the reviews I have read many seem to say the EoTech's with the 65 MOA reticle and single dot in the center is either a waste or a distraction. I am leaning towards a single dot (1 MOA) reticle. Like the XPS2-1 version.
http://www.eotech-inc.com/products/sights/xps2

What are your preferences?
Anyone using a red dot?

Hard to beat the 1 MOA of the EoTechs. The next smallest I can find is an Aimpoint 2 MOA.
I've used cheap red dots and the completely cover a large target at 50+ yards.

The biggest drawback for me is the price. Is it really worth it?

Suggestions?

DuneShoot

Back to top Go down

Which EoTech? Empty Re: Which EoTech?

Post by CatMostFeared Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:37 pm

I like my 65 MOA on my sbr vector I have it set dead on at 35yds and at 100yds I can use the bottom of the ring and hit 12"by12 steel plate.

I have the AIM Point Pro (1 MOA)on my AR15 and have it set dead on at 100yds.

CatMostFeared
CatMostFeared
Admin

http://www.krisstalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gun Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:56 am

Dune,

It honestly depends on what you expect to be doing with your Vector. Are you shooting a CRB, SBR, or SDP? Do you expect to regularly be engaging targets at 75-100 yards? I rarely do. This is a weapon that is designed to function in close quarters combat and will be pretty mediocre at 100 yds and beyond. With that being said, the 65 moa eotech should be just fine for what the Kriss is designed to do. As CMF said, the ring&dot configuration also allows you engage consistently at longer distances - something a single red dot can't do.

Personally, I run an aimpoint PRO (2 moa, single dot) on my vector, and love it. I will say there is a HUGE difference between any quality optic and a cheap red dot, so whatever you choose will be a welcome upgrade. Why spend $1500 on a rifle and then skimp with a $40 sight?

Good luck in your choice!
Gun
Gun

Back to top Go down

Post by nih Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:10 pm

i'll throw my 2 cents in on the delta point, its small, its light weight, its easy to acquire, its motion activated, batteries last for ever, its auto light sensing/adjusting, you basically never have to touch it but to remove the cap if its on there. holds zero great, has locking screws, it's super durable, they put these on the slide of desert eagles.

i have the 7.5 moa chevron model, some days i dont like chevron so much, some days i do, can really get pinpoint w/ the top of chevron but far out it covers allot of the target, almost would be better if it was inverted so you could use the dot far away and the long edge up close, think the dot model is 3 moa.

anyway, if you are considering the money on eotech or aimpoint, consider delta point.

nih

Back to top Go down

Post by Undrpsi Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:20 pm

Hmm...all good points.

I have the EOTech 512 on my KRISS...and like it very much. Like others said, I can easily use the dot or ring for different engagement ranges. I just got it sighted on Saturday. I like the larger field of view that the EOTech offers. I can shoot this with both eyes open easily...for some reason I seem to squint one eye whenever I use a round red dot (scope mentality?).

I have an old(er) Aimpoint Comp on my AR and it works well also....but I shoot it mostly at the 100 meter range and not much else. This is the much older version that was 3MOA and only 8? levels of brightness. It is definetly 'old school' so you'll have to ask someone who has one of the newer ML series....but it's still just a red dot...

I have a Bushnell Trophy 30mm red dot on my AK that literally looks like I just got back from deployment with...but it works well, holds zero, and seems to take a lot of abuse. It's 3MOA but I swear it doesn't look that big. I really like this and have had it for a couple of years and several thousand rounds through the AK.

Then in the "Cheapo" brands...I have an NC Star red dot on my GSG-5 (the one made for it with the claw mount) that co-witnesses perfectly and is amazing...I can sit at the 25 meter line and shoot holes until I get bored...ragged 1" holes from the middle of the targe...cost like $32 at a gun show. I also have several 'loaner' red dots by Tru-Glo that I have used on all kinds of weapons. One is sitting on my .357 Desert Eagle now....they run $34 at Dicks Sporting Goods. I keep 2 or 3 in my range kit. Know how many times someones red dot craps out? (and not all ways the cheap ones either) EDITED: My Desert Eagle ate two cheaper red dots but the Truglo has held up well from the abuse. I can't remember where I heard but the (Truglo) have a higher recoil rating than most inexpensive red dots...It's fine on my DE...I can (usually) get pretty good groups even up to 50 meters with it...

I have buddies who swear by Barsaka, Tasco, Aimsports, UTG, Sightmark...etc....on everything from .22 to 6.8mm....it's what you like that you use I guess...

YMMV!!

NOW...who wants to start the optical scope thread??? hahahahah...

Undrpsi
Undrpsi
Undrpsi

Back to top Go down

Post by DuneShoot Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:05 am

Ordered an XPS2!

Now need a sling and mount.

DuneShoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:06 am

DuneShoot wrote:Ordered an XPS2!

Now need a sling and mount.

Congrats. There are a lot of options for slings. I prefer the new Magpul MS3 sling. Very easy to switch from single point to two point. with regards to the KRISS Vector, your options are rather limited unless you start modifying the weapon. The popular choice is the Magpul RSA. Although the Fortis RAP QD mount looks like a good alternative. That is if you get the QD MS3 Sling. I should get the Fortis and see how well it works but I like my sling mount the best.

http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/tactical-gear/fortis-rail-attachment-point-qd.html
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by mambro Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:30 am

DuneShoot wrote:Ordered an XPS2! Now need a sling and mount.
Good call on the XPS2. +1 for the Magpul kit as well.

http://www.krisstalk.com/t76-vector-sling-mounts

cheers
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by nih Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:26 pm

Fortis RAP QD mount on my kriss (which is in a box at shop still) and one on my sig556, np w/ one on sig so far. really like how it only swivels a few degrees, keeps weapon pointed down when hanging free.

guess my dp 2 cents was not compelling, grats on XPS2.

ms3 slings on sale at dvor.com, well, i think on sale, they are on there.

nih

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down