KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Powertac Cadet-II Light and Kriss Light Adapter Problem

+3
superflytnt
GTIguy315
cafox
7 posters

Go down

Powertac Cadet-II Light and Kriss Light Adapter Problem Empty Powertac Cadet-II Light and Kriss Light Adapter Problem

Post by cafox Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:15 pm

I'm not sure if this is just a problem with the parts I have or if the Cadet-II light is actually a larger diameter... I just want to make sure nobody else makes the same mistake.

So, I bought the Cadet-II light and the Kriss Vector Light adapter and they don't fit together. The adapter ID is 0.825" and the light handle OD is 0.850" so they will not fit together.

Can someone confirm the OD of the original version of the Cadet light? I just want to make sure this isn't a fluke.. I doubt that it is.

Sure, I can modify the ridiculously priced ($50 with shipping) plastic adapter, but I have a better idea... make my own with a 3d printer. Actually that was my main purpose of buying the adapter in the first place.

So, place your pre-orders now.. $25 with free shipping.. yep, half-price. If you want a custom adapter for your light, send me the dimensions of your light or a pic of it next to a ruler and I will make a custom part for $50 with free shipping. This will incude the set screw to hold the light in place. I may even add an optional thumb screw for quick disassembly.

Any interest?

cafox

Back to top Go down

Powertac Cadet-II Light and Kriss Light Adapter Problem Empty Re: Powertac Cadet-II Light and Kriss Light Adapter Problem

Post by cafox Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:24 pm

Pic of the $50 part..
Powertac Cadet-II Light and Kriss Light Adapter Problem Vector10

cafox

Back to top Go down

Powertac Cadet-II Light and Kriss Light Adapter Problem Empty Re: Powertac Cadet-II Light and Kriss Light Adapter Problem

Post by GTIguy315 Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:31 pm

The cadet II takes 2 123 batteries yes? If it does its too big, you just want the cadet...

GTIguy315

Back to top Go down

Post by cafox Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:31 pm

GTIguy315 wrote:The cadet II takes 2 123 batteries yes? If it does its too big, you just want the cadet...

Now you tell me... Yes the Cadet-II does use 2 CR123 batteries. The light works well, super bright. Well, I will make it work.

edit: Nope.. it's too damn long also. Ok, I guess I'm SOL until my 3d printer arrives.

cafox

Back to top Go down

Powertac Cadet-II Light and Kriss Light Adapter Problem Empty here's the right light - and i have another problem...

Post by superflytnt Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:41 am

Roger dodger. You need the original Cadet. Here's the link:

Cadet LED Flashlight with CREE XPG R5 LED 300 Lumens - Uses 1 x CR123A

Meantime, I have the Surefire and have a host of other problems (with the switch). I posted the problem on youtube, appreciate if anyone has any advice.

http://1.seth.org/RJaPVk

superflytnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:14 am

Sorry, I didn't see this til now. superflytnt, you need to widen the slot. Use a shape knife and carve away at the polymer. Don't worry it won't hurt anything. This will give you the clearance you need.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by mambro Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:31 pm

cafox wrote:So, place your pre-orders now.. $25 with free shipping.. yep, half-price. If you want a custom adapter for your light, send me the dimensions of your light or a pic of it next to a ruler and I will make a custom part for $50 with free shipping. This will incude the set screw to hold the light in place. I may even add an optional thumb screw for quick disassembly. Any interest?
Please let me know when you get your 3D printer. beers
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Powertac Cadet-II Light and Kriss Light Adapter Problem Empty "Found New Parts "

Post by jetsaber Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:28 pm

cafox wrote:I'm not sure if this is just a problem with the parts I have or if the Cadet-II light is actually a larger diameter... I just want to make sure nobody else makes the same mistake.

So, I bought the Cadet-II light and the Kriss Vector Light adapter and they don't fit together. The adapter ID is 0.825" and the light handle OD is 0.850" so they will not fit together.

Can someone confirm the OD of the original version of the Cadet light? I just want to make sure this isn't a fluke.. I doubt that it is.

Sure, I can modify the ridiculously priced ($50 with shipping) plastic adapter, but I have a better idea... make my own with a 3d printer. Actually that was my main purpose of buying the adapter in the first place.

So, place your pre-orders now.. $25 with free shipping.. yep, half-price. If you want a custom adapter for your light, send me the dimensions of your light or a pic of it next to a ruler and I will make a custom part for $50 with free shipping. This will incude the set screw to hold the light in place. I may even add an optional thumb screw for quick disassembly.

Any interest?
I have interest in this part when completed Very Happy
jetsaber geek

Last edited by jetsaber on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
jetsaber
jetsaber

Back to top Go down

Post by Kipp Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:51 pm

Powertac Cadet-II Light and Kriss Light Adapter Problem IMAG1194_zps41ff34fb

These are the specs for the PowerTac Cadet. Also shown in the lamp holder

Its the XPG R-5
http://www.cree.com/~/media/Files/Cree/LED%20Components%20and%20Modules/XLamp/Data%20and%20Binning/XLampXPG.pdf
Kipp
Kipp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down