KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

California Legal Kriss Super V

5 posters

Go down

California Legal Kriss Super V Empty California Legal Kriss Super V

Post by dargim Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:41 am

Hey Guys,

I just bought a brand new one and took it to the range. The feeding lever is totally stuck along with the trigger. You just cannot pull back on the lever at all. I have watched tons of you tube videos and haven't seen anyone have this issue. 5 guys at the range tried to help, and we lubed it all up with frog lube to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this? I really want my new rifle to work!!

Best,

SB

dargim

Back to top Go down

California Legal Kriss Super V Empty Re: California Legal Kriss Super V

Post by afponiky Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:48 am

Did you take it down and clean it when you got it?

After you clean it, follow the manual, lube it and keep your hand as close to the body of the action as you can when you try to charge it.

It will be tough at first, shoot it and shoot it more.

It actually is very easy after you first get it broke in.

don't be mad, just work with it. make sure the followers for the bolt are oiled.

run it wet at first, but run it!

hope this helps, if you still have problems PM me.

AF
afponiky
afponiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Xn0r Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:21 pm

I'll just repeat what I said before. When I first got mine NIB, the charging handle was a bear to pull back. I basically had to brace the buttstock against my leg or body and pull back hard on the CH. Even pulling on the inboard side of the the handle it took a lot of oomph.

I took it down and lubed up the rails in which the CH slides, and it helped. But what helped most of all was the putting rounds through the gun. The recoil spring breaks in and it gets easier.

Also, I've found that pulling back quickly helps too. A quick impulse of muscle gives it momentum and reduces the chance that the CH will bind up.

IMHO, I wish the CH races had ball or needle bearing races. It'd be a lot easier. The binding seems to happen because the metal CH surface binds up with the poly races.
Xn0r
Xn0r

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:17 am

One thing you should do is isolate the problem.

Remove the two bottom pins and remove the slider/bolt assembly.

Then try pulling the charging handle back. It should move freely and smoothly with very little effort. If not, then there is something wrong with your charging handle.

If the CH moves fine, take the slider (the big weight with spring on it) twist the bolt out and set that aside. Try to push the slider down the spring. Is it excruciatingly difficult? If so you have a stiff recoil spring.

Either send it back to KRISS or shoot the bajeebus out of it to exercise the spring and break it in.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by P1X4R Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:12 pm

the newer ones coming in seem to have stiffer recoil springs. mine were made within the last couple of months. both my carbine and sdp have the same difficulty of pulling the charging handle back. you'll need to put momentum on the inner area of the charging handle and a bit of elbow grease. it will get better with use.

regards fellow californian! Smile

P1X4R

Back to top Go down

Post by dargim Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:38 pm

Thanks. I will try again. Mine was made in Dec 2012.

dargim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down