KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KRISS Stock locked LOP fix

4 posters

Go down

KRISS Stock locked LOP fix Empty KRISS Stock locked LOP fix

Post by Solscud007 Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:44 am

So I got my KRISS Vector back. When I sent it in, they said to remove any accessories that I didn't want to risk losing. I kept my pre-production stock so it wouldnt get replaced. They refused to ship it back to me directly without a stock. The other option was to ship it to a FFL. For $61 I figured I could use an extra stock and I get extra parts.

Edit: Only do this of your own accord. I am NOT responsible for your modifications. Also check with local and state laws to see if this modification may make your KRISS technically an Assault Weapon. OH NO 2 inches of adjustment makes you that much more dangerous!!! In all seriousness, if your state has asinine laws like "NO TELESCOPING STOCKS" this modifcation could make the stock technically "telescoping"  However you could adjust the LOP to your liking and then make the adjustment permanent.

Here are the two stocks. I dont know if this is normal. But you can see something blocking the hole. On my pre-production stock, there are set screws on each side that close and hold the butt pad in place.
KRISS Stock locked LOP fix P1020710

Here is a close up.
KRISS Stock locked LOP fix 2013-013

I used a quick chuck drill bit and a screwdriver handle to hand drill the plastic out. You can see metal underneath.
KRISS Stock locked LOP fix 2013-014

I originally used a small punch and drove the retaining pins you see holding the threads in place. Then I used a pair of needle nose pliers to unscrew the threads

KRISS Stock locked LOP fix P1020711

You can see the metal rod better.
KRISS Stock locked LOP fix P1020712

Ok VERY IMPORTANT . . . YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REMOVE THE THREADS!!!! I learned this the hard way. It isnt bad to remove them. But just a massive waste of time. I also broke my punch cause it is so thin.

All you need to do is clean out the plastic that covers up the metal rod. Then drift it out with a punch. The rod is the exact diammeter of the threads.

KRISS Stock locked LOP fix P1020713

Here is the butt pad. You can see the hole that was drilled for the rod.
KRISS Stock locked LOP fix P1020714

I dont know what the thread pitch dimensions are for the normal set screws. But that is all you need and you can set the butt pad to any length you desire.

Last edited by Solscud007 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:20 am; edited 5 times in total
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

KRISS Stock locked LOP fix Empty Re: KRISS Stock locked LOP fix

Post by Kipp Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:02 am

I think the holes are plugged to prevent it from having an illegal in some states "adjustable stock"
Kipp
Kipp

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:08 am

Kipp wrote:I think the holes are plugged to prevent it from having an illegal in some states "adjustable stock"

Thanks, Yeah I forgot to mention that fact. I was more curious about the length of pull adjustment fix than actually making my stock adjustable.

Being in NY, I know all about the illegality of 2 inches of adjustment. No telescoping stocks allowed here.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kipp Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:10 am

What a BS legality, these legislators just dont get it!
Kipp
Kipp

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi380 Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:12 am

Solscud007 wrote:I dont know what the thread pitch dimensions are for the normal set screws. But that is all you need and you can set the butt pad to any length you desire.

Did you ever find out what thread pitch they are? What size pin or screw did you use to secure your stock after you set the length where you wanted it?
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:18 am

I dont remember. Try using the screws for your side rails as a test, I think they are the same thread pitch.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi380 Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 pm

Update- I took a look at the stock kit I got from BLT, and inside the threads are ALLEN SCREWS! 5/64ths size. I figured that out after I whacked on one of the "pins" a couple times and noticed it was not going anywhere...  Suspect 
There was no material of any kind plugging the holes, either.

There are 4 separate screws (2 on each side), and the "adjustment bars" in the butt pad do NOT have holes drilled through them.
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by firebert Mon May 19, 2014 3:19 am

Thread size is 10-32. You may need to chase the threads with a tap as the rollpins might've damaged the threads.

firebert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down