KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disappointed beyond belief with a $2000.00 rifle!

+8
Solscud007
Kiptroloxe
mambro
xflt
Fatboy99
afponiky
nih
Jerry K
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Disappointed beyond belief with a $2000.00 rifle!  Empty Disappointed beyond belief with a $2000.00 rifle!

Post by Jerry K Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:32 pm

I sold 4 guns out of my collection to buy my Kriss and I can't even pull the charging handle back far enough to chamber a cartridge!
I can't figure out why Kriss would ship a rifle in this price range without a proper check out and test fire run through? I have taken
it down over and over again in an effort to determine if an obvious issue would present itself to no avail. Had I been aware of this
forum prior to purchasing this Kriss I would never have made the buy! Seems I'm not the only owner with issues. I will call Kriss
tomorrow in an attempt to resolve this problem and I will gladly post the result of my conversation.

One other thing, the instruction manual really should be printed with smaller pictures and font size!

Jerry K.

Jerry K

Back to top Go down

Disappointed beyond belief with a $2000.00 rifle!  Empty Re: Disappointed beyond belief with a $2000.00 rifle!

Post by nih Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:55 pm

my kriss runs 99%, about 600 rds through it and charging handle seems fine, it was a little hard to charge but not like some of the guys on here said, if i hold mine clear out on end of the lever it is really hard to pull, put your finger right along side of the plastic and pull back, its easier.

nih

Back to top Go down

Disappointed beyond belief with a $2000.00 rifle!  Empty Re: Disappointed beyond belief with a $2000.00 rifle!

Post by afponiky Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:34 pm

Jerry,

Check out this link.... http://www.krisstalk.com/t199-difficult-to-charge-the-kriss

Use the search function...

Hope this helps with your feelings and knowledge..

AF
afponiky
afponiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatboy99 Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:49 pm

First off down load manual online, then you can set size of print and pics to your desire.
Second calm down and learn correct way to charge.. Get a firm grip on charging handle close to gun and pull back with force. You can't be afraid of damaging gun because you can't. This is a semi .45 not a .22, it's got to have a strong spring and action.
Third, tear down and lube it all you want, you still need to charge it the way it likes. Trust me its not as bad as it seems.
Fourth hate it you had to depart with four guns for this bad boy but in time you won't regret, Vector ranks up near the top of my favorite guns to shoot. It's almost impossible to go to the range without the Kriss Vector.
Good luck and hope your attitude changes on this weapon. violent

Fatboy99

Back to top Go down

Post by xflt Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:57 pm

Jerry, all of the newer ones are hard to cycle at first! I left my bolt locked back for about two weeks, while I wasn't shooting it, and it got much easier. Just follow the link above and read how you need to cycle it and you'll find it easier.

xflt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry K Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:27 pm

Thank you for responding to my post:
1. Four grown men, all Vets, could not get the bolt to travel more than
a half inch.
2. I go back to my earlier position, the factory should not send a firearm
out that won't function, period!.

I do expect that the Kriss folks will correct this issue, it should not happen
in the first place.
By the way, I have racked M-14's to Augs to a variety of other weapons,
the charging lever can be broken.
Regards
Jerry K

Jerry K

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry K Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:33 pm

The issue is this, it can't be racked to begin with.
Jerry K.

Jerry K

Back to top Go down

Post by afponiky Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:20 pm

Jerry, it can be racked, and if you had it apart make sure you put it back together right.

Read the link that I sent you all the way.

Not just one or two. Do it when your not upset.

Slow down, you will love your Kriss!

AF
afponiky
afponiky

Back to top Go down

Post by nih Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:47 pm

Jerry if you can't rack it at all then it's broke and send it back or you put it together wrong, did you rack it before you bought it? My friend runs retail and he's told me guys have trouble with new ones all the time, they hand it to him and he racks it holding it properly for them 3-4x and they get it.

Just wondering if it ever worked? and if it never did, why buy it? I'm sure most guys on forum are assuming it's the same racking issue that's been in discussion for last 8-9 months or so.

nih

Back to top Go down

Post by afponiky Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:57 pm

Mods, can we make this one thread?

AF
afponiky
afponiky

Back to top Go down

Post by mambro Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:52 am

afponiky wrote:Mods, can we make this one thread?
Done Smile
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiptroloxe Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:53 pm

This is my favorite thread so far... attention Jerry K, you simply do not understand this firearm. You may have put it back together wrong, doubt it!
Kiptroloxe
Kiptroloxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry K Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:22 pm

Happy you are entertained and that your Kriss functions properly. So, if
a out of the box firearm fails to function, in your opinion, it must be operator
error?

Jerry K.

Jerry K

Back to top Go down

Post by mambro Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:46 pm

Kiptroloxe wrote:This is my favorite thread so far... attention Jerry K, you simply do not understand this firearm. You may have put it back together wrong, doubt it!
Was this intended as sarcasm? scratch
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiptroloxe Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:28 pm

lol! Only about it being my favorite thread. This is what we all hear: "The gun wont rack" response: "your doing it wrong." KRISS is easier to put back together than GLOCK, 10 which is saying alot. Jerry K, you'll figure it out. violent
Kiptroloxe
Kiptroloxe

Back to top Go down

Post by afponiky Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:28 pm

Jerry, no we aren't saying :

Happy you are entertained and that your Kriss functions properly. So, if
a out of the box firearm fails to function, in your opinion, it must be operator
error?

We are not saying that any of us are entertained (and I'm stepping up for this forum!)

What we are trying to say is that "Yes" you may have a defective weapon!

It may not be functioning properly, but there have been a lot of us that have had these that are extremely hard to charge. There have been many of us that were not doing it the way they suggest and show (read the thread I linked you to).

I believe that some of the members on here have heard that some of the new owners have had the same problems and it wasn't that hard to get it to work and show them the proper way. In no way are we saying you as an operator are making an error!

Like I said you may have a bad weapon that does indeed need to be sent back to be fixed. It happens to all brands and types!

We are just trying to help you. You came across so negative that maybe some of the other posters on this sight just couldn't read your frustrations and may not have know what exactly you have and have not tried.

You were not very clear in your posts to be honest!

Please don't take anything wrong, we want, need and look forward to all members, their thoughts, experiences and questions. We all learn from them!

Thanks for posting and relaying your findings with us. All input is valued and taken into our thoughts and experiences!

Please keep us informed as what you try, do and how it has been corrected.

They (KRISS) have been making many changes and upgrades, they do listen and look into complaints and I really hope that you will in the end say that this is a great weapon and you really like it and rely on it.

If you have any questions or thoughts please feel free to email me, PM me, I'll even give you a phone number in a PM. Also don't be afraid to do the same to the Mods on this site, they are GREAT!

Thanks, and stay in touch!

AF
afponiky
afponiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:11 am

Jerry, I can understand your frustrations. However I think your expectations are a bit high. Yes the gun is $2k or lower. Should a gun that high not function right out of the box? Sure but take into consideration the company. They are small. They only make one product. Not sure if Sphinx is even made yet in US.

They have made many modifications. Some good some bad.

One benefit, that perhaps you did not take advantage of, that this forum was founded on was to pool together Kriss Owners and document issues.

You should be grateful we have gathered as much information as we have. Cause when we got our Vectors, the Board admin and moderators, none of this existed. We were islands and our voices were not heard. We didn't know what problems people had and if we had problems of our own, no one to share that with.

The "difficult to charge" problem is well documented. Some people have dealt with it on their own. Others have sent the gun back to Kriss USA and it magically gets fixed.

They out source a lot of components and sometimes they are out of spec. Look up lower rail. I heard direct from one of the gun techs, Charlie, that he has had a case where the charging handle was binding. Due to not properly deburred.

Here is a very simple test to isolate the problem. It is in the difficult to charge thread.

Take the gun apart. Take the slider and bolt out. Pull the charging handle. Does it move easily? If not then that is the problem. If yes, then take a look at the slider. Try to compress the slider and spring. Is it really tough? That is your problem.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by afponiky Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:22 am

Jerry, can you update us as to how things are going? Did you send it back? or did you work out the kinks by yourself?

Thanks, AF
afponiky
afponiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry K Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:54 am

I did correspond with Nick at Kriss. He recommended several options that
I might follow to reduce the resistance of the charging handle but nothing
has has made an improvement as yet. He said to send it back to him to be
evaluated at the Kriss facility and I intend to do that in the next several days.
I did mount my digital fish scale to the lever at its pivot point and with the
help of a length of para cord was able to rack. The scale maxed out at greater
than 50 lbs. on 10 consecutive tries with the exception of one which was
47 lbs.
I will keep the forum informed as to the outcome once Kriss returns the rifle.
Jerry K.

Jerry K

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:23 pm

Jerry, did you try isolating the Robles as I suggested? 9 out of 10 times it is due to a stiffer recoil spring in the slider buffer assembly.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by mambro Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:24 pm

Jerry K wrote:I did mount my digital fish scale to the lever at its pivot point and with the help of a length of para cord was able to rack. The scale maxed out at greater than 50 lbs. on 10 consecutive tries with the exception of one which was 47 lbs. I will keep the forum informed as to the outcome once Kriss returns the rifle. Jerry K.
Nice! This is an interesting approach... I don't think I've seen anybody here previously try to measure the resistance on this issue to provide back to KRISS USA. Putting some numbers to "difficult" / "hard" vs. "normal" is goodness. I will be interested to see how it compares using the same test when you get it back. I suspect it will be significantly less. Shocked
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry K Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:55 pm

I did isolate the two components responsible for charging. The lever function
is smooth and unimpeded and I have no reference point from which to determine
if the spring is "Too Stiff". I will say that I do not understand how a quality spring
can loose its elasticity if simply compressed for a week or two. Moreover. it
seems irrational to waste 200-500 rounds of ammo to "Loosen" a stiff spring?
A high end, well constructed spring should not loose elasticity with compression
times so short as several weeks.
I also feel it necessary to state that I'm not angry but disappointed with my Kriss.
Simply put, a high end "Combat" firearm should function perfectly when taken
from the box. The Kriss does not seem to meet that criteria and Kriss would do them-selves a favor if a more rigorous QA program were instituted.

Jerry K

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiptroloxe Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:09 pm

jerry k, It is not at all irrational to shoot 200-500 rounds in a new weapon to break it in. Shooting a few hundred rounds will also get you more familiar with the weapon. Do you not intend to shoot your KRISS? I shot about 300 rounds my first week with the gun and LOVE IT!

I want to make this CLEAR, it is harder to charge the SDP than the CRB with the butt stock, because there is nothing to rack against.

The KRISS was given a stiffer spring to ensure longevity and reliability for extracting the .45acp round. I have many match grade competition and custom shop weapons, that ALL have very stiff springs.

-Now to your problem > Is it DIFFICULT or IMPOSSIBLE to charge your KRISS? >How many rounds have you shot through the KRISS? >Have you tried using one finger as close to the plastic to rack the weapon? >What is your intended use for this weapon? >What were the other guns you sold to buy your KRISS?

I would like to hear the answers to these questions to better help you with your issue. We love the KRISS here, and are here to help. I think in time you'll love yours too.
Kiptroloxe
Kiptroloxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry K Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:43 pm

I appreciate your interest and concern but further conversation about my Kriss
would best be discussed after the factory has had the opportunity to evaluate my
rifle.

By the way, they were a Bushmaster 223 pistol, a PMR 30 pistol, a S&W Custom
Shop 44 Mag pistol and a beater S&W 357, and, if my Glock 21 were as difficult to
the chamber as my Kriss I would have sold it a long time ago. Breaking in a firearm
is a necessity that most of us enjoy. We do this to learn how to shoot the piece and to break in the barrel not to get the action to function properly!

Jerry K.

Jerry K

Back to top Go down

Post by nih Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:21 pm

hope they fix it jerry, i can see bad guns coming out of Kriss, mines fine, runs flawless but they are a small company making allot of guns, other guys on forums have sent theirs back for same thing and got it returned w/ no work but its magically easier to charge. i read guys saying even glock told them don't cry about FTE and rds hitting them in the face on gen4 glocks until it was broke in,.

nih

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next