KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can a pinned stock on a KRIS Super V be reversed or replaced?!?

4 posters

Go down

Can a pinned stock on a KRIS Super V be reversed or replaced?!? Empty Can a pinned stock on a KRIS Super V be reversed or replaced?!?

Post by whitebrad25 Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:08 pm

I have an IWI Tavor I recently received. A member on AR15.com is wanting to trade me for a KRISS super V that is an early model (I know I will need to send it to TDI for the upgrades) but it has a pinned stock.....this is a deal braker for me so I want to make sure I know that it can or can not be fixed.

I am in TX, I am LE, and the owner of the KRISS bought it from a NJ seller.

Just looking for some quick yes/no and how to's. I have also contacted KRISS about this but it might be an answer I can get here in the meantime.

Furthermore, how reliable are these guns? Are they well worth the money? My Tavor is easily the same cost (he is including optics and ammo to even it out).

Thanks!

whitebrad25

Back to top Go down

Can a pinned stock on a KRIS Super V be reversed or replaced?!? Empty Re: Can a pinned stock on a KRIS Super V be reversed or replaced?!?

Post by Solscud007 Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:32 pm

Wow I might take you up on that offer haha. Tavor is on my must have list.

As an early production fanatic, they have some issues after a few thousand rounds. At least mine did. Since mine came with a lifetime warranty, I just sent it back. They don't seem to issue that same warranty anymore.

But they should be willing to update it if you send it in.

As to changing to a folding stock. Is not too difficult. You need to get the roll pin, stock latch button and spring.

There is a thread about it
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Can a pinned stock on a KRIS Super V be reversed or replaced?!? Empty Re: Can a pinned stock on a KRIS Super V be reversed or replaced?!?

Post by whitebrad25 Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:36 pm

Any link to the thread would be appreciated...I have been google searching for the past half hour.....

The guy is adding an Aimpoint T1 and 300 rounds of 45acp. I think he knows the tavor is valued higher as well....

I just don't want a finniky piece of garbage....I only want the KRISS to SBR and use with my TiRant 45...

I am selling it for $3,000 should it interest you enough Very Happy

whitebrad25

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:39 pm

http://www.krisstalk.com/t147-inside-the-back-of-the-sdp-w-pics

That might help. It is removing the stock delete on the KRISS pistol. But basically same thing.

Also go to http://www.kriss-usa.com/ressources/dealers/armorer-s-course and download the Armorer's Course pdf and it will show you how to disassemble the upper housing. You need to remove the top rail to get to the retaining nut for the stock lock mechanism.

I would buy the Tavor if I could legally have it in NY. But sadly it is too grey area and more than likely a banned ASSAULT WEAPON DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!!!! So I don't want to go to jail.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by whitebrad25 Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:42 pm

You think his offering is even? The KRISS is unfired....But so is the Tavor.

whitebrad25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kipp Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:14 pm

The Kriss goes for non-panic at 1750 the Tavor 2000. The Tavor is hot on Gunjoker right now, minimum 2800. The Kriss is back down to 1950 there also.
I am in line to get one at KGI, not in a hurry though.
Kipp
Kipp

Back to top Go down

Post by whitebrad25 Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:17 pm

Well I am asking this in addition to the 300 rounds, Aimpoint T1 4MOA, and 2 hi cap mags from KRISS for the Vector....

Idk...

whitebrad25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kipp Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:24 pm

Rifle is 1700 mags are 65 ea and the micro is 550. Short of the 3k you think you will get
Kipp
Kipp

Back to top Go down

Post by mambro Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:55 pm

whitebrad25 wrote:....I only want the KRISS to SBR and use with my TiRant 45...
Converting the CRB to SBR will also factor MORE time and money into the deal, on top of sending it into KRISS USA for updates. The barrel replacement or in-place conversion (cutting, threading, crowning by a 3rd party) will also void any warranty unless you have KRISS USA do it. The DIY approach is handy for those who are not concerned about their warranty... and there are members here who have had it done by a machinist who fabricated a fixture (no barrel removal). The early serials qualified for the lifetime warranty but you are not the original purchaser... which may make it not so important. As Kipp points out, you might be better off just selling the Tavor and putting the right KRISS (SDP/SBR) package together. It's a shorter path to go from SDP to SBR too. scratch
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by whitebrad25 Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:57 pm

mambro wrote:
whitebrad25 wrote:....I only want the KRISS to SBR and use with my TiRant 45...
Converting the CRB to SBR will also factor MORE time and money into the deal, on top of sending it into KRISS USA for updates. The barrel replacement or in-place conversion (cutting, threading, crowning by a 3rd party) will also void any warranty unless you have KRISS USA do it. The DIY approach is handy for those who are not concerned about their warranty... and there are members here who have had it done by a machinist who fabricated a fixture (no barrel removal). The early serials qualified for the lifetime warranty but you are not the original purchaser... which may make it not so important. As Kipp points out, you might be better off just selling the Tavor and putting the right KRISS (SDP/SBR) package together. It's a shorter path to go from SDP to SBR too. scratch

I know this but the thing is, the guy doesn't have the SDP. I am just concerning trades...If I sell it, I am keeping the money....I just bought an engagement ring last week haha so the money would be better served in my pocket than buying another rifle....trading just feels different partytime

Last edited by whitebrad25 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

whitebrad25

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:58 pm

I think many of us are saying a straight up trade for what you mentioned is not a good deal.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by whitebrad25 Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:00 pm

Solscud007 wrote:I think many of us are saying a straight up trade for what you mentioned is not a good deal.

10-4. I have kind of held off the deal for now.

whitebrad25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down