KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suppressed SDP

4 posters

Go down

Suppressed SDP Empty Suppressed SDP

Post by MadDogDan Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:51 pm

Took my SDP to the range today for the first time. I purchased the SDP because I plan on SBR'ing it and it is a hell of a lot easier to add a stock then to cut a barrel down. I picked up a CA model and was bummed at first by the 6.5" barrel instead of the 5.5" but I got it for a good price. Once I added my AAC TiRANT Suppressor I was glad I got the 6.5" barrel. The 5.5" would not allow the suppressor to clear the Surefire E1b light so I guess it all worked out for the better.

I am really stoked by the performance of the SDP. When I brought it home I tore it apart and cleaned off the heavy lube that is on it when it shipped. I used a very small amount of "slide glide" grease on the sear and "did not" add any more oil to any of the suggested lubrication points other then what residue was left from cleaning. I was able to operate the charging handle with two fingers out of the box and after 200 rounds (first day at the range) I can now charge it with one (1) finger easily.

200 rounds down range with a mixture of PMC, American Eagle, and Blazer Aluminum Cased ammo and not one single malfunction. This puppy runs 100% with and without my suppressor. You think the KRISS has very little recoil and no muzzle climb.............try shooting it suppressed. I am very impressed with this gun and I have quite a few SBR's, SBS's, DD's and other exotic firearms.

Here are a couple pictures of how it looks now. I am going to change out the Insight MRDS with a Trijicon SRS in a few weeks.

MadDog 10

Suppressed SDP DSC00316_zpsdc893b89

Suppressed SDP DSC00315_zps24c01b87

Suppressed SDP DSC00318_zps92598e7f
Suppressed SDP DSC00319_zpsf8eab50b

A picture with the KRISS's little brother. It's a VZ61 Skorpion that bumps at a rate of 800 rounds per minute.
Suppressed SDP DSC00320_zpse581179b

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Suppressed SDP Empty Re: Suppressed SDP

Post by Jedi380 Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:10 am

To quote the Joker (Nicholson)...

"Where does he get those wonderful toys?!" ;)
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:48 am

"Where does he get those wonderful toys"? From the "deep pocket store" of course! I would be in the poor house with this NFA addiction if it wasn't for a supportive wife. A few weeks ago we saw a movie where the good guy was using a suppressed KRISS SMG and I said "you know, I can make an SBR version of that same gun on the screen. She asked for how much. When I told he for a total of about $2,000 NFA stamp included...........her response was, go ahead, you should do it. So here it is three weeks later. Now the wait begins for my tax stamp to come back so I can order up a stock.

MadDog

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi380 Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:16 am

Yeah, I'm probably going to to SBR my SDP also. This would be my first NFA item, ever. ;)

The requirement for the SBR stamp boggles my mind though. If it's "legal" to sell rifle-caliber pistols, then why the heck is it "illegal" to add a stock to a pistol?! It doesn't make that much difference in function! Adding the stock also makes it harder to conceal, so it's actually less of a threat to law-enforcement. Suppressed SDP 15647123
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by vthokies03 Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:30 am

What optic are you running? How does it co-witness?

vthokies03

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi380 Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:35 am

No optic yet... I'm thinking of a Burris Fastfire 3, never tried one yet.
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:14 pm

I am running an Insight MRDS only because I had it laying around. The co-witness is not absolute or even a lower 1/3. It is an "upper" 1/3 but works none the less. In a few weeks I am going to swap the MRDS for a Trijicon SRS which has a 1.75 MOA dot and a lower 1/3 co-witness with the stock Kriss BUIS.

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:00 pm

Hold the presses. I was going to put a Trijicon SRS on it even at the $900 that Trijicon wants as I have numerous other Trijicon optics and love them all. BUT, surfing the net I found a Leupold Prismatic optic that may work out better for this particular application. The prismatic has a 1 MOA red electronic dot with a 14mm circle around it. The reticle is etched in the glass so you can see it even if the optic is not turned on or the battery goes dead. You can get the optic in FDE color and it's shape pretty much matches the suppressor. The price is half that of the Trijicon. Now I just need to find out what the co-witness is like

MadDog

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi380 Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:16 pm

Yeah, I just don't have $500+ to spend on sights, when I might need $200-ish for some paperwork... Smile
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:35 pm

The $200 for the tax stamp is a real bitch but when you think about the fact that it has always been $200 since the law was written in 1934 (NFA Act of 1934) and has never been adjusted for inflation, it is a bargin. The only down side of getting your first stamp is that it never stops. The stamp for my KRISS will be my 14th

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by nih Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:43 am

guys should really give the delta point some consideration, thing is built like a tank, they put it on the slide of a desert eagle. light sensiing, auto adjusting, motion on.

nih

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:56 am

NIH: I have a delta point on one of my pistols. Although it is a very good optic, the window is about the same size as my MRDS, Docter and RMR's that I already have. For the Kriss and it's ability to excel at CQB, I want an optic that has a bigger objective window. I also want the clarity of good glass like Trijicons with an etched reticle. The Leupold Prismatic fits the bill perfectly.

MadDog

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:00 am

I just scrapped my second idea of using the Leupold Prismatic. I found a great deal on a used Trijicon Compact ACOG 1.5x. It has the circle dot reticle in green and comes with a LaRue mount. Until it comes In I will put my Aimpoint ML3 on it and sight it in tomorrow.

MadDog partytime

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down