KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simple dual mag holder

4 posters

Go down

Simple dual mag holder Empty Simple dual mag holder

Post by Talyn Thu May 02, 2013 11:58 pm

A few days ago on another thread I posted that I may have found what I was looking for to couple two 25 rd mags together like other couplers made for AR mags. Since I have a 10/22 and tried out these couplers to hold two BX-25 mags I decided to compare the dimensions of the BX-25 mags & the Kriss 25 rd mags. Ruger BX-25 mags have practially the same dimensions as the bottom half of the Kriss extensions.

So I ordered another set of these Power Custom couplers from Brownells.

http://www.brownells.com/magazines/rifle-magazines/magazine-parts/magazine-hardware/10-22-bx-25-magazine-coupler-prod54829.aspx

Today they came and in a matter of minutes I was able to join two Kriss 25rd mags side-by-side and after some fitting exercises with my Kriss decided the arrangement works perfect by staggering the two mags slightly to clear the mag catch on the left and avoid obstructing the ejection port on the right.

So I end up with a rapid mag change by partially dropping the empty then moving the next one slightly and locking home.

Only concern would be if the magazine catch can support the extra weight with both mags loaded.

While the two mags are joined as a unit they can quickly be seperated with an allen wrench.

BTW the couplers come two to a package.

Talyn

Back to top Go down

Simple dual mag holder Empty Re: Simple dual mag holder

Post by jonj313 Fri May 03, 2013 12:21 am

Picture?
jonj313
jonj313

Back to top Go down

Post by nih Sat May 04, 2013 4:44 pm

have them side by side both with rounds up? can you invert one and still use coupler?

nih

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Sat May 04, 2013 8:33 pm

This thread is useless without pics.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by Talyn Mon May 27, 2013 11:23 pm

nih wrote:have them side by side both with rounds up? can you invert one and still use coupler?

Yes. Yes you could but I don't see the reason since it's quicker just to move over abit & insert the seond mag vs. flipping things around to insert.

No pic since the camera is not available but check this link at Brownells. Connect 2 mags side by side with a slight stagger. Not too difficult to imagine.

http://item.brownells.com/brands/power-custom-products/1022-bx-25-magazine-coupler-bx-25-magazine-coupler.htm

Talyn

Back to top Go down

Post by nih Tue May 28, 2013 2:21 pm

one inverted and staggered you wouldnt ever have a mag covering up the mag release, bolt release, or where light pressure switch it, plus sometimes you put your hand on magwell. cons: obviously it increase the vertical profile.

nih

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down