KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre Production CRB/SO

2 posters

Go down

Pre Production CRB/SO Empty Pre Production CRB/SO

Post by kevingass Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:44 am

Hello, my name is Kevin.  I am new to this forum.  Several weeks ago i bought a Kris Vector CRB/SO at a local gunshow.  I did some
research on the gun by contacting the factory and i found out that this rifle is one of the handmade, cnc-cut, pre-production ones that
were offered for pre-sale to the civilian market.  The serial numbers for these started out at TDIXC00051 and went to TDIXC0200.  My serial number is TDIXC00073 which makes it the 23rd semi automatic carbine to be produced for the civilian market.  My 
question is how much is this carbine worth.  They were originally offered for pre-sale for $2,395.00 plus $45.00 for handling, insurance,
and shipping.

kevingass

Back to top Go down

Pre Production CRB/SO Empty Re: Pre Production CRB/SO

Post by Kipp Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:55 pm

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/11845996/pistols-for-sale/kriss-vector-sdp-.45-acp-early-production-num-29.uses-glock-hi-caps.anib

I think the early production had its fair share of problems and you should be able to send it in for it's upgrades, unless the prior already did it. There are a lot of upgrades that have been done and there is a thread here.
I dont think it will fetch any additional $ for it being an early production, maybe a few bucks, but I have not read of anyone ever looking for an early production model.

Upgrade it and shoot the daylights out of it.
Kipp
Kipp

Back to top Go down

Post by kevingass Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:49 pm

Kipp wrote:http://www.gunauction.com/buy/11845996/pistols-for-sale/kriss-vector-sdp-.45-acp-early-production-num-29.uses-glock-hi-caps.anib

I think the early production had its fair share of problems and you should be able to send it in for it's upgrades, unless the prior already did it.  There are a lot of upgrades that have been done and there is a thread here.
I dont think it will fetch any additional $ for it being an early production, maybe a few bucks, but I have not read of anyone ever looking for an early production model.

Upgrade it and shoot the daylights out of it.
I talked to Victoria at Kriss USA about this rifle as i had also heard that there were problems with the earlier production pieces and 
they needed to be sent in and be updated.  She told me that since I was not the original owner of the rifle that i would have to
pay for the updates.  I had her to work me up a quote for what it would take to do all the updates and when she emailed me back
with the quote it blew my mind.  She said that it would be $1189.00 to do all the updates.  My question to her was what all updates 
would they have to do to total up to this kind of money.  She said that they would have to replace every component on the rifle 
with the exception of the receiver plate.  I told her that these updates should be covered under the warranty no matter who owns
the rifle.  She replied that unfortunately they are not.  I believe that Kriss USA should stand behind their product 100% no matter
who owns the rifle as these updates are all a result of design flaws, and affect the performance of the weapon.

kevingass

Back to top Go down

Post by Kipp Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:09 pm

Do you know if it already had parts upgraded?
Kipp
Kipp

Back to top Go down

Post by kevingass Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:11 pm

Kipp wrote:Do you know if it already had parts upgraded?
No, the gun had not been sent in for any upgrades.  The original owner said he had only fired one clip of ammo thru it.

kevingass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down