KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this normal for spent brass?

2 posters

Go down

Is this normal for spent brass? Empty Is this normal for spent brass?

Post by jfoughe Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:42 pm

Please see the attached image, just wondering if the mark at about 3 o'clock on the brass is normal. Every round I checked has that mark, and if it isn't normal then I was hoping someone could tell me what's causing it.

https://imgur.com/Ox2aDWY
jfoughe
jfoughe

Back to top Go down

Is this normal for spent brass? Empty Re: Is this normal for spent brass?

Post by AZ2000 Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:33 am

Are the bullets factory or reloads? If factory what brand?
AZ2000
AZ2000

Back to top Go down

Post by jfoughe Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:44 am

Those are Winchester white box. 230gr JHP.
jfoughe
jfoughe

Back to top Go down

Post by AZ2000 Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:24 pm

I had something similar when I ran 1,000 + rounds through my CRB without cleaning, to see how it would do. It was a dirty chamber and once I cleaned it, the marks went away. It apparently was not letting the case go all the way in and the bolt extractor was causing the mark on the case. Not sure if this is it, but possible. The reason I asked if they were home loads, I was wondering if some of them may have been a little hot. When I first began reloading, my powder measure was off just a little and they were coming out a little hot with the primers coming out flat with case marks similar to yours. If you go to some of the other boards and look at some of the post concerning ammo, you will find a lot of complaints about different manufactured ammo that apparently were loaded a little hot due to the, hurry up and make more concept, that's going on now to fill the demands. Machines are not perfect.  You might try a different brand and see if that makes any difference?  If not, call Kriss and see what there tech rep has to say.  Hope this helps so you don't have to send it back to the factory and hopefully others on the board will chime in to give you some more ideas. Let use know what you come up with.
AZ2000
AZ2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down