KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally Shot my FN PS90 Today!

4 posters

Go down

Finally Shot my FN PS90 Today! Empty Finally Shot my FN PS90 Today!

Post by Switchblade Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Hello shooters, Very Happy I got to finally shoot my PS90 today after buying it over a year ago! I installed a C-MORE Railway awhile back and tuned it in today. Ammo used was the 197 (blue tip) and 195 (HP) and both did fine. I sighted in at 50yds. The conditions were cloudy (mostly) temp at about 78 w/a medium cross wind from right to left. Operation was fine except one mag is not feeding good when it gets down to 2 or 3 rounds left. When feeding the last couple of rnds. the nose (soft blue tip 197) hits the bottom of the bbl. facing and chews it up! So, I'll have to check this out in the next few days. I shot five shot groups and the largest spread was about 1.75" not bad with a red dot, watery eyes and a mild to med. cross wind. When I started out at 25yds it was hitting at 1:00 o'clock and about an inch out of the bull. Tuned it in and went to 50yds and finished up then starting just shooting to get and average so overall it was a blast to shoot. Next chance I get I'll check it out at a 100yds. Wish I could post pics but can't figure how I'm not very saavy on computers. Anyway, I'm happy tonight that I got to finally shoot it!
Ya'll Shoot Well and Often,
Rock violent

Switchblade

Back to top Go down

Finally Shot my FN PS90 Today! Empty Re: Finally Shot my FN PS90 Today!

Post by Shipwreck Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:07 pm

Is the bad mag a factory magazine?

I have to PS90s - my first one is about 5.5 years ago. Great guns.

Never had a problem.

As for range - 50 yards is the best distance to zero the PS90. Ballistically, it's the best choice to make it work at all ranges.
Shipwreck
Shipwreck

http://texasgunforum.com/index.php?action=forum

Back to top Go down

Post by CatMostFeared Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:02 pm

I love shooting mine and with 50 round mags it goes fast
Is yours a SBR PS90
CatMostFeared
CatMostFeared
Admin

http://www.krisstalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Switchblade Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:04 pm

Hello Shipwreck! yes its a factory mag. I tinkered with it and I think I got it fixed. The follower was hanging up in the last two or three rnds. Took it apart and was sliding the follower in and up close to the end REAL slow and it was hanging up. So I took my long medical forceps and moving it back and forth in the hangup area several times and removed it. On the top and bottom edge on the left facing opening it looked like it was rubbing to hard so, I took some 320grit sandpaper on my block and hit it a few times re-installed it and it moved smoothly across that area. Loaded some rnds. in it and emptied the mag as fast as I could by hand and it worked ok the real test will be next time out. Yeah, I like the 50yds also.
Thanks for the msg.
Rock Very Happy

Switchblade

Back to top Go down

Post by Switchblade Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:13 pm

Hi Cat! No Sad sadly its not an SBR but maybe someday after my Kriss is done. Yep 50rnds. goes fast 'cause after I got it tuned in I just spent the rest of the time punching holes in the target using the 197 40gr. and using a C-MORE Railway mounted. I like it its a smooth "MOCHINE". Next trip out will be with my SCAR 16 its sighted in (using Eotech 512) but since I"ve mounted a 3x magnafier by UTC. Thanks for the msg.
Shoot Well,
Rock Very Happy

Switchblade

Back to top Go down

Post by 124C41 Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:49 am

You're not the only one to have that problem with a factory mag, at least it's an easy fix.

Glad you enjoyed it.
124C41
124C41

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down