KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings fellow shooters!

3 posters

Go down

Greetings fellow shooters! Empty Greetings fellow shooters!

Post by Sho530ia Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:13 am

Hi Everyone!

Waiting (impatiently) to pick up my new California vector CRB in about 5 days. This is a fantastic site. There is a wealth of information here and a lot of good folks looking to help each other out. Really appreciate everyone taking the time.

I am a fairly new shooting enthusiast. Only been into guns for a few years now. Building my collection as rapidly as I can! I'm very much into learning as much as I can and sharing the knowledge. I've started doing some minor gunsmithing (triger jobs, light mods, etc.). Like to shoot everything from revolvers, semi-auto pistols, rifles, shotguns, etc. Not much black powder yet.

BTW... Like many others, I could barely move the charging handle on my Vector without practically having to stand on the darn thing. Put a few drops of lube into the bolt assembly and it got better. Shot 100 rounds through it and it got better, but still not what you'd expect. I'm waiting to take possession so I can bring it home and completely strip it down and service it. Sounds like this is a very common issue. If it doesn't get much better soon, I'll be calling Kriss. There's a big premium on this weapon considering what it is. Disappointing to see that the space between the joints is tight in some places and gaping in others. First impressions on operation and fit-n-finish leave a lot left to be desired. PS90 or Steyr seem to have far superior build quality for rifles in similar (over)price point. Thankfully, the thing fires like a dream. I'm able to get every bullet on target, even rapid firing and the recoil is like my 10/22. Had it not lived up to the hype about recoil and muzzle rise, I wouldn't have bought it.

Observations...
1. My CA-compliant bullet button is not like what's been pictured by others. There's no "shroud" or "plate" that's been bolted on to cover the mag release. Instead, it looks like the mag release button has been filed down and then a small oval shaped cover has been placed over the button. There's a tiny hole there for a pen or toothpick to release the mag. Gotta love CA!

2. My buddy also purchased one for himself. Same CA CRB model. Mine has the round sites (MWI?) while his has the diamond version. They came in the same batch. His charging handle is even worse than mine. We haven't fired his yet.

Anyway... Hopefully I can add some valuable posts and share with others in this community. Pics to come.

Thanks! Happy shooting.

Sho530ia

Back to top Go down

Greetings fellow shooters! Empty Re: Greetings fellow shooters!

Post by Solscud007 Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:50 am

Welcome. There are a few CA members here. Yeah the Bullet button varies. As do the sights. Not sure why.

You should try taking a carbine class. You can learn a lot about weapon manipulation.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by CatMostFeared Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:56 pm

Welcome to the site and we cant wait to see pics.
Find all your KRISS Vector info here and please share with us yours
CatMostFeared
CatMostFeared
Admin

http://www.krisstalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down