KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheek rest?

4 posters

Go down

Cheek rest? Empty Cheek rest?

Post by GTIguy315 Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:28 am

Yes I'm a noob here, but would like to get a cheek rest for my new baby girl( I named her Krissten). Anyone modded their stock with one?

GTIguy315

Back to top Go down

Cheek rest? Empty Re: Cheek rest?

Post by jjeffsmithsailignJeff Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:05 pm

Just got my gun last night, shot 50 rounds and my right cheek looks like I got socked! At one point I had the cheek rest immediately under my cheek bone and thought I cracked it. An angled or bigger cheek rest will be my first mod. Any tips?

jjeffsmithsailignJeff

Back to top Go down

Post by AZ2000 Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:17 pm

Had the same problem, wound up just raising my optic to get my cheek off of the stock. Rolling Eyes It worked for me.

I called it the KRISS KISS.
AZ2000
AZ2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:17 pm

I dont understand what you guys are doing wrong. My KRISS shoot flat and only recoils back.

Do you have videos? take some video of yourself shooting your KRISS Vectors.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by jjeffsmithsailignJeff Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:33 pm

My current plan is to get the moldable grip system from Brownells and build up a cheek rest. They have a video showing a person building up the cheek rest on a conventional stock. I may pull the pad off the Kriss to preserve it and then build up the cheek pad using three full pads cut in half. In the video they illustrate with two full pads cut in half. The end result is a custom pad that places your eye in line with your optics.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/stock-forend-parts/grips/pistol-grips/moldable-grip-system-prod41060.aspx

Will post pictures and describe results. Doubt it will look great but it should make the gun much more pleasant to shoot!

Jeff

jjeffsmithsailignJeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum