KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not everyone gets it......

+10
Kipp
GunCollector
Ezveedub
DemskeetSkeet
nih
AZ2000
ckline
afponiky
CatMostFeared
glockdnloaded
14 posters

Go down

Not everyone gets it...... Empty Not everyone gets it......

Post by glockdnloaded Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:21 am

So after owning my Kriss for a week and showing it off to all of my so called gun buddies I realized..... Not everyone gets it.... Its ok because well I didnt buy the thing for them anyways. Most of my friends look at me a little stupid when I pop open my case, and I get a few comments like "you paid almost $2k for that?!?!" Its hard to explain to them why I did, you just either get it or you dont. I love the concept and design, the pure performance of the actual SMG version is so awesome that just having a CRB semi auto version is still super cool... I cant wait till I go and get some range time on sunday, maybe Ill be able to make a few believers out of my buddies then. So what has yalls experiences been like with your friends and gun buddies? Most of mine had never even heard of a Kriss Vector before. So whats it like in yalls neck of the woods?

glockdnloaded

Back to top Go down

Not everyone gets it...... Empty Re: Not everyone gets it......

Post by CatMostFeared Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:43 am

yup its like owning a Glock you love them or hate them.
CatMostFeared
CatMostFeared
Admin

http://www.krisstalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by afponiky Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:46 am

I can say that I have the same experience with most of my friends.

They just don't get the idea, or feel the need for a gun like this. But after a while they seem to catch on.

They won't admit it and won't say anything, but they sure do have that feeling of WOW, and I wish I had that over time.

I don't care, I got what I wanted, and love it!

Time will take care of things and they will all be wishing they bought one when they could of!

Love mine!

AF
afponiky
afponiky

Back to top Go down

Post by ckline Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:56 am

I have only had my Kriss sense yesterday.

All I can say, is that the Kriss and my Glock21 will always be with me. Ten kriss 30 round mags and six 13 round glock mags and I only need to grab one ammo can that says .45 ACP!!!

ckline

Back to top Go down

Post by AZ2000 Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:12 am

What more can you say except, "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND"? I just put in a 13 round mag hand it to my friends and say, this is the safety, this is the chargeing handle, pull here like a man and shoot it, they get it. So far all of them have had an ear to ear smile. Guess they liked it? violent violent
AZ2000
AZ2000

Back to top Go down

Post by nih Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:45 pm

$2000 buys allot of stuff, i took my dad to range last weekend to zero my 516 and pulled this out of the back and let him shoot couple mags, he gave me that same look like WTF is that for? after he shot it, it was that gun is awesome.

nih

Back to top Go down

Post by afponiky Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:50 pm

nih wrote:$2000 buys allot of stuff, i took my dad to range last weekend to zero my 516 and pulled this out of the back and let him shoot couple mags, he gave me that same look like WTF is that for? after he shot it, it was that gun is awesome.

Haa Haa, isn't that the truth!
afponiky
afponiky

Back to top Go down

Post by DemskeetSkeet Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:48 pm

Ya, looks wise and price wise no one agrees with it at all. They're more concerned about the cost of the .45acp round(It's not too bad when I've been collecting .45 for years). Right now on the secondary market, some .45acp is overpriced. That's something I don't have to worry about ;)

When they shoot it, they think it's a blast and actually pretty accurate!

DemskeetSkeet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezveedub Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:03 am

I can understand the feeling. The only thing is I got mine for a deal before the chaos. It's a firearm that's on it's own accord and one that I don't regret purchasing. My friends are the same way when it comes to prices on certain firearms. But what is best is, I'm the only one with a Kriss Vector and they all want to shoot it.

Ezveedub

Back to top Go down

Post by DemskeetSkeet Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:43 am

Ezveedub wrote:I can understand the feeling. The only thing is I got mine for a deal before the chaos. It's a firearm that's on it's own accord and one that I don't regret purchasing. My friends are the same way when it comes to prices on certain firearms. But what is best is, I'm the only one with a Kriss Vector and they all want to shoot it.

Exactly. When I tell them the price I paid($1670 OTD), they say that's high. Then I show them gunbroker listings. Suddenly it's not so high anymore lol!

DemskeetSkeet

Back to top Go down

Post by GunCollector Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:36 pm

lmfao That's funny, I got the same look too I also got the "why does that middle part have to be so wide" and "what is it?" all it took to make believers out of them was a quick overview of the unique recoil mechanism and of course a trip to the range violent

GunCollector

Back to top Go down

Post by Kipp Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm

When I picked mine up, there was this old timer sitting in the shop. He popped up and said "wow, a Kriss--- you are going to have a lot of fun with that!". He was about 70 years old. I got a kick out of that.
Kipp
Kipp

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatboy99 Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:53 am

Man the first time at the range with the Kriss it wasn't 5 minutes before a guy came over and had to physically hold the gun and he didn't stop talking about it for 10 min. His last words were "one day I'm going to own a Vector."

Fatboy99

Back to top Go down

Post by oshuwah Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:07 pm

Yeah I've had the same experience trying to explain it. It now seems cool when people get it.

oshuwah

Back to top Go down

Post by unrightentity Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:41 am

My only bad experience was a friend that proceeded to tell me, "That gun sucks on *insert random FPS video game title here.*" I need a new friend. The old one is missing. Twisted Evil
unrightentity
unrightentity

Back to top Go down

Post by dmaurice11 Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:57 pm

Its a gun that only the owner can fully appreciate.
My buddies will shoot my Kriss and they love it, but to be able to bring it home with me is even better.

dmaurice11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum