KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KRISS Vector Factory REVISIONS

4 posters

Go down

KRISS Vector Factory REVISIONS Empty KRISS Vector Factory REVISIONS

Post by mambro Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:48 pm

There have been revisions to the Vector over time to improve functionality and/or reliability. Here are a few that come to mind and the list will be updated and the thread pruned over time. Red items below are links:

- Updated bolt
---- Bolt is stamped with letters/numbers (ex. "45-A2") to indicate revision (Thanks Solscud007)
- Trunion is stamped with letters (ex. AGF T) to indicate revision (Thanks Solscud007)
- Barrel contour
- Barrel updated to chrome lined
- The newest CRB barrels are 17mm OD (Thanks solvovir)
---- Around 2010, the CRBs were coming with 15mm OD barrels
---- Having KRISS USA convert a CRB into a SBR included an upgrade to a 16mm OD barrel (now 17mm)
---- "KRISS USA found through extensive testing that a 15mm barrel does not provide adequate strength for the threads."
---- Latest specs posted at KRISS USA has the SDP/SMG/SBR barrel at 5.5" or 6.5" and 17mm OD.
---- The SDP barrel length is 6.5" for CALIFORNIA.  Rolling Eyes
- CRB barrels are 16.25" except Canada which requires 18.6" (also 17mm OD)
- Charging handle is stamped with letters (ex. AGF-L) to indicate revision (Thanks Solscud007 and joninva1)
- Slider
- Updated fire control group ("FCG")
- Firing pin marked to indicate revision (ex. "J")
- Hammer & spur (Thanks Solscud007)
---- Another picture of the hammer (Thanks Solscud007)
- "Beefier" stock release button
- Ejector block assembly
- Replace a small quantity of out-of-spec ejectors; also marked to indicate revision (ex. "L") (Thanks joninva1)
- Buffer material (latest is bright green in color)  (Thanks Black Label Tactical)
- Contour of stock (radius below folding stock release button vs. hard edges for original "buckle" sling attachment)
- Change of Fire/Safe switch to a more forward angle and simple red dot indicator
- Simplify branding/naming on the Vector upper to just "KRISS Vector" (removing "Super V" and model)
---- The product naming has dropped the "/SO" (Special Operations) naming from all the Vectors.
- Material added beneath light housing area to decrease lateral movement at the front of the upper housing (Thanks Solscud007)
---- Another picture of the front of the upper. (Thanks Solscud007)
- Change in branding and OEM of BUIS (was Magpul, then Midwest Industries; latest is Troy Industries and/or Diamondhead USA)
- Some of the lower receiver picatinny rails on serial numbers in the 1900's range are out of spec. If you find this issue, KRISS USA will replace the part free of charge. (Thanks GlocksInMySocks)
- Older lowers have the hard points for the side rails using pressed fit hex nuts. If you have a tall screw or bolt you could pull the inserts out. Newer lowers have revised hard points. (Thanks Solscud007 and CatMostFeared)

It is also discussed in another thread that you should absolutely send your Vector to KRISS USA and have them bring it up to date for you, especially if you have any questions or issues with functionality or reliability.

http://www.krisstalk.com/t72-anyone-else-experience-this-prob

In general, I am not tracking pictures of the internals to compare & contrast with for changes over time. I imagine some of these may not be especially obvious to the eye, (ex. tolerances).

If you are wondering what revisions have been done to the Vector since yours last left the factory, KRISS USA would have a record of when your serial was manufactured and any time it has been back for work since. Contact KRISS USA directly to inquire about your particular unit.

Customer Service
(757) 821-1089 (skip the 301/302 extension and just press 1 for Customer Service)

Jedi380 wrote:FYI: When I called the number in the manual for KRISS, it says to dial ext. 301 or 302. Both of those go straight to voice mail, and I did not get a reply from my message last week, or the email I sent them. This time I just pressed 1 for Customer Service, and she picked up right away.

beers

Last edited by mambro on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:53 pm; edited 42 times in total (Reason for editing : Update & Prune)
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

KRISS Vector Factory REVISIONS Empty Re: KRISS Vector Factory REVISIONS

Post by Solscud007 Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:36 pm

KRISS Vector Factory REVISIONS Img_0210

This is a locked stock version. Notice the Super V logo where the latch button is.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by buddybaja Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:55 pm

I've been trying to email Mr. Nick Ferros for weeks to send mine in with no luck. I just went ahead and bought my own buffer I saw online from Black Label. Wish I could get this thing updated.

buddybaja

Back to top Go down

Post by mambro Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Try this....

Victoria Wagner
Customer Service
(757) 821-1089
(mentioned by two KRISSTalk members as having helped them out)

Jedi380 wrote:FYI: When I called the number in the manual for KRISS, it says to dial ext. 301 or 302. Both of those go straight to voice mail, and I did not get a reply from my message last week, or the email I sent them. This time I just pressed 1 for Customer Service, and she picked up right away.
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by mambro Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:14 pm

buddybaja wrote:Well just got off the phone with Victoria, looks like they are not just handing out the revisions anymore. I need to talk to the warranty department (just reregistered last month) about the buffer that came apart and the weak ejection i am getting, but anything else i want updated will paid out of pocket (which i am okay with, not looking for any handouts, i was just under a different impression)
Send it in, have them look it over and go from there. There might be a difference between what the generic public statement is and what happens once the 'smiths have a look. Only way to know is to roll the dice and pay for round trip shipping at a minimum... that's the route I took anyways... and it went rather well.
beers
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by buddybaja Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:24 pm

I'll go for it. Haha like I said I don't expect handouts. As long as the warranty work needed is done, I don't care.

buddybaja

Back to top Go down

Post by joninva1 Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Just got mine back from Kriss today. Charging Handle now stamped AGF-L. They updated the hammer to the new one with the nub on it my ejector also has the "L" Stamp and seems longer.

joninva1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down