KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

another noobie with problems

4 posters

Go down

another noobie with problems Empty another noobie with problems

Post by happytime Tue May 13, 2014 1:03 am

hi everybody
I bought a crb in canada last weekend in canada and had very similar problems as keep the thief.
I shot maybe 100 rounds as soon as i bought it remington 230grn umc. original mag plus 2 more glock mags.
every mag at least once per loading the bolt would jam back and i would have to field strip it to unjam. unshot shells in mag were fouled.
lots of smoke from the extractor.
took it home and cleaned the whole thing spotless and then oiled it with m-pro7 lox gun oil (maybe a little excessively)
shot another 50 rounds of the same ammo
gun jammed again every clip every time usually on the fourth or fifth shot and again on the eighth or ninth shot
1 shot jammed a new bullett between the bolt and chamber
when i opened the gun on a coulpe occasions i had the hammer already forward and had to reset it before closing the gun
usually the bolt would unjam as soon as I pulled the 3rd pin of the upper receiver ( the one closest to the bottom of the grip)

any suggestions on what to do I would not rather have to ship my gun to the usa for work on it as i see this being hugely problematic for me
thanks

happytime

Back to top Go down

another noobie with problems Empty Re: another noobie with problems

Post by Solscud007 Tue May 13, 2014 8:06 am

Hmm. so far we have not come up with a solution to this problem. Can't you return it to the gun shop and have them ship it to KRISS?
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by Keef the Thief Tue May 13, 2014 8:10 am

Hi

Sorry to hear that. I've talked with KRISS Switzerland about my jamming-problem and extrem ammount of carbon. They told me to send my CRB back.
But before, I've changed the "typ" of ammo. Both was Remington UMC, but the "new" bulltets had copper-colored heads instead of gold/yellow. No FTF-problems with this typ of ammo. Maybe you could try this first.

Greetings Keef

Keef the Thief

Back to top Go down

Post by Lifeisdeath Tue May 13, 2014 10:34 am

you definitely need to experiment and find what kind of ammo your gun likes unfortunately.

Lifeisdeath

Back to top Go down

Post by happytime Sun May 18, 2014 9:55 pm

so friday I grabbed all the different brands of ammo I could get my hands on and found that just about all of them worked pretty well in my crb. American eagle seemed to work the best i.e. no issues at all for 100rnds. Glad it was such an easy fix thanks to everyone who responded!!

happytime

Back to top Go down

Post by Keef the Thief Mon May 19, 2014 3:50 am

Glad to hear, but what was the solution?

Keef the Thief

Back to top Go down

Post by Lifeisdeath Mon May 19, 2014 1:54 pm

sounds like luck.

Lifeisdeath

Back to top Go down

Post by happytime Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:26 am

seems it was just ammo selection probably close to a thousand rounds thru her (all desert eagle brand ammo) and no real jams. I do get the odd ftf and one mag jams on the second to last round pretty often but all in all a real fun gun

happytime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down