KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West Point Fun shoot After Action Report

2 posters

Go down

West Point Fun shoot After Action Report Empty West Point Fun shoot After Action Report

Post by Solscud007 Sun May 20, 2012 5:21 pm

So my club organized a fun shoot at West Point Military Academy using Range 5. Targets go as far as 300 yds. I think they could have gone farther back but not necessary for this fun shoot.

I brought the following:

KRISS Vector carbine
AR-15
Kel-Tec Shotgun
Mossberg 500

My friend brought his AR, 1911 and Beretta 9mm.

I brought a folding table and he brought chairs and a canopy. I gotta tell you, the chairs and canopy REALLY made shooting pleasant. While it was not particulary hot, the constant sun would have made it uncomfortable.

Here is our setup.
West Point Fun shoot After Action Report Dsc_0512

We had targets set out at 25-30 yds ish. Paper Targets. But luckily a facebook friend of mine, from Strikemark Targets, was there!! He was setup immediately to our left!!! So he let us shoot at his auto reseting targets. While pricey, they are a LOT of fun to shoot at.
West Point Fun shoot After Action Report Dsc_0513

You can see the three auto pop up targets. They are a little under 50 yds out.
West Point Fun shoot After Action Report Dsc_0514

Some people were, of course, drawn to the KRISS Vector. It had some ejection issues. Even though I cleaned it and lubed it with CLP. Not sure what the deal was. My Strikemark friend shot my Vector and I noticed that the shell would not extract all the way. But it would chamber a new round. Then the new round would go off and two shells would spit out.

A kid shot the Vector and it kept jamming on him. I think maybe he was somehow limp wristing the KRISS so it didnt cycle properly and jammed a few occasions.

I got to test out my 4 year old Airsoft scope. It has an adjustable knob for 3x-9x. So it made target acquisition super easy and the best part is that it was already zeroed. I didnt have to do anything.

Video:
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

West Point Fun shoot After Action Report Empty Re: West Point Fun shoot After Action Report

Post by CatMostFeared Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:20 am

That was cool
CatMostFeared
CatMostFeared
Admin

http://www.krisstalk.com

Back to top Go down