KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Took the KRISS Vector out along with its friends.

+2
Jedi380
Solscud007
6 posters

Go down

Took the KRISS Vector out along with its friends. Empty Took the KRISS Vector out along with its friends.

Post by Solscud007 Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:35 pm

So I have been updating and modifying my guns but havent had a chance to really shoot them.

I bought an 870 clone and added magpul parts. got my KSG back from Keltec and added a choke. Got my Vector back but only shot a few rounds at a stagnant paper target.

I find a real test for these guns is to shoot small steel targets. So I can work on target aquisition, target transitions and work on other manipulation issues.

the Magpul Pardner shotgun was interesting. I need to work on smoothing the pump stroke and tweak my shell holder.

KSG works flawlessly but I think I will need to get some more chokes. Right now I have improved cylinder and full choke. the dilemma I have is that in competition I may need to shoot shot and slugs in one stage. Im worried that improved cylinder wont be good enough. But I will see at the next shotgun match.

When I shot my vector during my MagLev test, I shot it kinda fast and shots were left of the bulls eye. I thought maybe it was due to the fact that KRISS USA replaced the barrel and that might have shifted my zero. However I was able to shoot small grapfruit sized steel targets from about 18 yds. Plus I was shooting them from an angle, not straight on. I am pretty pleased with the results.

Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Took the KRISS Vector out along with its friends. Empty Re: Took the KRISS Vector out along with its friends.

Post by Jedi380 Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:56 pm

Nice video, as always! beers

It appeared that when shooting the "grapefruit" targets, with the Pardner you were shooting high, and with the KSG you were shooting low. ;)

That was some nice one-handed work with the pistol, too!
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Took the KRISS Vector out along with its friends. Empty Re: Took the KRISS Vector out along with its friends.

Post by Solscud007 Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:19 am

Jedi380 wrote:Nice video, as always! beers

It appeared that when shooting the "grapefruit" targets, with the Pardner you were shooting high, and with the KSG you were shooting low. ;)

That was some nice one-handed work with the pistol, too!

Thanks, yeah I'm sure it is operator error. Not quite used to a shotgun bead sight. I might switch to ghost ring. Since my KSG is using my factory KRISS BUIS, I'm obviously familiar with shooting thru those sights. Haha.

Yeah I'm pretty pleased with the one handed operation of my Glock. I think I am getting better. I have started to seriously shoot pistol last August. I had to wait for my NY pistol license to shoot pistol. But back in PGH, when I got the Kriss, I had a G21 and I hated it caused I sucked at it.

My club's monthly pistol matches help me work on my pistol skills. It is usually the only time I get to shoot. So video recording my performance is helpful to spot problems with my grip or slow reloads.

Like this latest shoot, I noticed that I pull my face from the Pardner to pump it. I need to break that habit. There is no need to do that. Also I need to work on my shell reloads.

Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi380 Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:52 am

Your reloads looked good to me! I've never done any shotgun competition shoots, but I was pretty impressed you could load 3 in the magazine one-handed with the glove on! (except for the time it got hooked, of course.)

I have practiced "tactical reloads", where you top-off the magazine without lowering the shotgun, but only one shell at a time.
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:03 am

Jedi380 wrote:Your reloads looked good to me! I've never done any shotgun competition shoots, but I was pretty impressed you could load 3 in the magazine one-handed with the glove on! (except for the time it got hooked, of course.)

I have practiced "tactical reloads", where you top-off the magazine without lowering the shotgun, but only one shell at a time.

Thanks. If you are interested in loading your shotgun fast then get a caddie and watch 3 gunners load shotguns.

Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:21 am

Here is another method. TwInS loading. (Two In Shotgun).. This guy doesn't do it fast as he is just demonstrating the fundamentals. But it can be done very fast.

Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi380 Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:52 am

Thanks! rocks
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by nih Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:10 pm

i use 2 of the 4 shell caddies from safariland, just messing around at house im getting pretty fast, i do strong side (right hand) reload though, im right handed, feels easier, what i basically do is leave my left hand out on foreend, keep the butt in my right shoulder, roate it between 90/180 to the right so i can see and put 4 in at at time.

that twin load video is ok but seems the problem would be the gap between the shells as they come out and getting your thumb over the brass consistently.

they make a better twin load deal that stacks the shells vertical across stomach, the shells kind of clamp in, but that way when you grab at them your thumb is already on the brass and your fingers around them as you unclip them.

http://www.carbonarms.us/TWinS-Shotgun-Loading-Systems/SSL-Backbone.html

solscud, nice shooting, if you are going to weak hand reload should work on just letting shotgun droop a lil, keep in in the pocket, dont hold it straight up, i was looking at that double tac reload holder, i got one from 3gungear but its like velcro and elastic, it's ok but i found this one below also. you might be better off coming underneath to pull shells from it. no problems with shells popping out of that 2 shell holder? when i was looking at them couple guys said their wasn't enough retention.

keltec is sweet, what loads are you shooting? what choke in pump? i shot 2 3/4 71/2 in match and crushed everything with them. still waiting on franchi affinity to come in but ext tube arrives on thurs.

http://www.sidearmor.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=46_50&products_id=71

nih

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:36 pm

nih wrote:i use 2 of the 4 shell caddies from safariland, just messing around at house im getting pretty fast, i do strong side (right hand) reload though, im right handed, feels easier, what i basically do is leave my left hand out on foreend, keep the butt in my right shoulder, roate it between 90/180 to the right so i can see and put 4 in at at time.

that twin load video is ok but seems the problem would be the gap between the shells as they come out and getting your thumb over the brass consistently.

they make a better twin load deal that stacks the shells vertical across stomach, the shells kind of clamp in, but that way when you grab at them your thumb is already on the brass and your fingers around them as you unclip them.

http://www.carbonarms.us/TWinS-Shotgun-Loading-Systems/SSL-Backbone.html

solscud, nice shooting, if you are going to weak hand reload should work on just letting shotgun droop a lil, keep in in the pocket, dont hold it straight up, i was looking at that double tac reload holder, i got one from 3gungear but its like velcro and elastic, it's ok but i found this one below also. you might be better off coming underneath to pull shells from it. no problems with shells popping out of that 2 shell holder? when i was looking at them couple guys said their wasn't enough retention.

keltec is sweet, what loads are you shooting? what choke in pump? i shot 2 3/4 71/2 in match and crushed everything with them. still waiting on franchi affinity to come in but ext tube arrives on thurs.

http://www.sidearmor.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=46_50&products_id=71

Haha yeah I need more practice with the Magpul shotgun. I need to work on a lot of things. This is the only time I have serially used a normal shotgun. First time Nov 2011 I used my clubs 1187, that was pathetic and slow. Then I got the Keltec and loading is much different. I also need to Not pull my face away from my check weld when pumping the pardner. Not sure why I do it. I don't do that with the Keltec.

I'm just shooting 7.5 2.75 shells too. The choke helped a lot. You can really see the steel fall easier with the full choke. What is your barrel length on your shotgun for competition? Keltec is only 18.5 which is why I was pining for a choke adapter.

I prefer weak hand loads as it is consistent with my other loading techniques for Kriss, AR, and pistol.

Interesting two shell holder. Not sure if I feel secure with that open design. My DIY MOE two shell holder cost me next to nothing. I got the two shell holder as part of my Prizes from FNH 3 gun match. Then used a spare screw and threaded plate off a moe rail. If you watch my video again, you can see one of the shells fell out of the holder. Racking the pump rigorously caused the shells to back out and fall out. I have since lined the holder with gaffer tape hoping that might help.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by buddybaja Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:57 pm

Nice shooting. Also curious about the reloading with the kriss. I fired 100 rounds of freedom with no problems whatsoever. But I am religious about cleaning my guns before and after a trip. So that might help.

buddybaja

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:59 pm

buddybaja wrote:Nice shooting. Also curious about the reloading with the kriss. I fired 100 rounds of freedom with no problems whatsoever. But I am religious about cleanibg my guns before and afyer a trip. So that might help.

What do you mean reloading the KRISS? I used remanufactured lead Ultramax 230 Gr in that video, I figured a few rounds couldn't hurt.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by nih Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Im not sure I could handle rounds coming out of that double rd holder when i was shooting, putting anything in there is probably not a good idea though, if that sticky transfers to shell, then transfers to chamber, dunno, maybe it just burn off, but I'd be leary.

my super nova 12 ga is 26", the franchi will be 26" also.

also benelli has a special 3 gun shotgun and it's 21", not positive why, guessing for speed but damm shotguns are light now, i was looking at benelli super eagle 2 at gander, 28" i think and it was rediculously light. benelli is 8+1 which most match rules ive read you start w/ 8 in tube, chamber empty or 8 + 1. no more than 8 in tube (tacops, open is unlimited in tube/mag).

so their special 3 gun is 21, 18 not much shorter.

SE2 w/out tube ext and benelli special 3 gun same weight. guess you can still swing a shorter barrel faster, inertia/momentum all that.

$2700 gets a big, F that though.

http://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/benelli-performance-shop-m2-3-gun-model.php

nih

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:44 pm

Haha damn yeah too rich for that kind of shotgun.

Nah the tape is wide and flush so no worry of stickiness.

FNH 3gun allowed 9 total. But if you stage the gun, chamber must be empty. So I loaded 7 in the KSG tube and 2 in the other tube.

So yeah 8+1. My magpul shotgun is set up that way. Stock tube holds 5. And extension adds +3 when using 2 3/4
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiptroloxe Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:21 pm

I shoot my benelli m4 all the time. It is my favorite tactical shotgun cause it can shoot the 8+1 shells faster than any other shotgun, with no jams. It's fast and accurate with the ghost rings. I wish I could load shells as fast as the guy in the training vid. $2700 is kinda steep for their m2 3gun, but its benelli top quality. Here is my m4.
Took the KRISS Vector out along with its friends. M410
Kiptroloxe
Kiptroloxe

Back to top Go down

Post by buddybaja Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:36 pm

Solscud007 wrote:
buddybaja wrote:Nice shooting. Also curious about the reloading with the kriss. I fired 100 rounds of freedom with no problems whatsoever. But I am religious about cleanibg my guns before and afyer a trip. So that might help.

What do you mean reloading the KRISS? I used remanufactured lead Ultramax 230 Gr in that video, I figured a few rounds couldn't hurt.

Yeah I meant reman. I figure as long as you clean it up real nice it couldn't hurt. Im jist trying to find something decent to run that I can buy in big quantities.

Trying to get into three gun but I think I am going to have to take off the knoxx stock and put the original back on my 870 express. Also running an fnx40

buddybaja

Back to top Go down

Post by nih Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:08 am

kip, what length barrel is that? what 3gun bird shot you run? 7 1/2? choke?

the franchi is made in same factory as benelli, inertia system, hoping it is good quality. have you ever tried to fire M4 not shouldered, make it jam? was reading w/ the inertia systems if you let the gun come back same time bolt is cycling it can short stroke.

nih

Back to top Go down

Post by CatMostFeared Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:19 am

another excellent video thanks for sharing
CatMostFeared
CatMostFeared
Admin

http://www.krisstalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nih Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:07 pm

Took the KRISS Vector out along with its friends. Franchiaffinity_zps5d4d981c

franchi affinity 28" 10+1

nih

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:03 am

Cool. Too long though haha jk
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by nih Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:35 am

actually i thought so to at first, i was going for 26" but it never came in so got 28", it's actually so light i don't think it will slow me down enough to make a difference.

nih

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:43 am

Cool. Yeah Length doesn't really matter that much as long. You can swing the barrel. Longer sight radius should help too.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiptroloxe Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:40 pm

nih, 10 in the tube +1, and 7 extra shells attached? 10 Thats alot of shells! Yea, I sometimes shoot the benelli from the hip, now that I have the adjustable stock, and no jams ...thus far.
Kiptroloxe
Kiptroloxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:32 pm

NIH, love to see some video of your matches.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down