KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Vector Owner. Would love some advice.

5 posters

Go down

New Vector Owner. Would love some advice.  Empty New Vector Owner. Would love some advice.

Post by Johnny35 Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:27 am

Hey everyone. Finally found a Vector CRB from Reds Trading Post in Idaho and its on its way. I'm very excited to join the club! I was hoping some users could give me some advice once I get my gun.

First off I have seen on the forums that some parts may need to be updated based on when the firearm was assembled. Is this something that I would be able to know from the serial number?

Second, I have noticed that there has been an increase in complaints about the amount of force needed to charge the weapon. Is this possibly a response to the complaints of FTF and FTE? Sounds to me that they had to beef up the spring in order to crank those shells out of the chamber. This is just my guess. Is there any evidence of that?

Lastly I ordered a Magpul Rail Sling Attachment for a sling. When I got the item the package clearly said "For training and simulation only" Anynody know why that is?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This seems like an awesome forum! I'm glad to be a part of it. Thanks! John.

Johnny35

Back to top Go down

New Vector Owner. Would love some advice.  Empty Re: New Vector Owner. Would love some advice.

Post by jsstritz Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:08 am

Sounds like you got the knock-off airsoft version of the magpul bits. i'd return and purchase from a reputable seller.

congrats on your new vector Smile

jsstritz

Back to top Go down

New Vector Owner. Would love some advice.  Empty Re: New Vector Owner. Would love some advice.

Post by Johnny35 Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:30 am

jsstritz wrote:Sounds like you got the knock-off airsoft version of the magpul bits. i'd return and purchase from a reputable seller.

congrats on your new vector Smile

jsstritz, ugh, you're right! It is an actual magpul product but I didn't know they had a "PTS" line and what it meant when I bought it. Apparently it is for airsoft. Oh well, didn't pay much for it. Ill try it on the Vector when I get it and if I like it I'll pay for the big boy version. Dang it. Oh and thanks for the congrats!

Johnny35

Back to top Go down

Post by jsstritz Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:37 am

No Prob. where did you order from? I usually get my stuff off Amazon and i've never had an issue. i've heard bad things about knock-offs on ebay all the time now. i also had no idea that magpul had an airsoft line. i'd be curious... that doesnt sound like magpul's way of doing business.

jsstritz

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny35 Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:28 am

Here is the product page http://shop.magpul-pts.com/product/rsa

Johnny35

Back to top Go down

Post by mambro Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:39 pm

Johnny35 wrote:...First off I have seen on the forums that some parts may need to be updated based on when the firearm was assembled. Is this something that I would be able to know from the serial number?
Hi John, welcome to the forum and congrats on the CRB! The folks at KRISS USA can tell you what updates might be applicable from your serial number. Contact them with it and they will advise you from there. Smile

For the hard charging, yes, there have been folks reporting that for a while. Some have had it ease up quite a bit by leaving the action locked open for a couple of weeks. Others have tried various lubes. Others have sent their Vector in and it magically came back easier to charge... with no description of the work that was done. Just fixed.

The other folks have already commented on the Magpul PTS product line.

welcome1
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by buddybaja Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:17 pm

Anyone know the cost of getting the updates???

buddybaja

Back to top Go down

Post by mambro Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:25 pm

buddybaja wrote:Anyone know the cost of getting the updates???
When I sent mine in the only costs were round trip shipping... and I'm nobody special. I have not heard back from others who have sent theirs in if this level of "goodwill" is still what KRISS USA is extending. Just give 'em a call and see where the conversation goes.
beers
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by buddybaja Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:27 pm

I have found that treating people with respect gets you very far in life.

buddybaja

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:49 pm

My updates were under warranty.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny35 Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:43 am

Thanks for all the replies members! My gun is supposed to come in today. Ill let you know how it goes!

Johnny35

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down