KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally, my AR Stock adapter is DONE!!

+2
TheStalker
Solscud007
6 posters

Go down

Finally, my AR Stock adapter is DONE!! Empty Finally, my AR Stock adapter is DONE!!

Post by Solscud007 Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:51 pm

Sorry it took so long.

Here is the original post
http://www.krisstalk.com/t14-kriss-stocks-upgrade

I tried to 3D print a buffertube that could attach to the KRISS hinge. The model was interpreted wrong, mostly due to my fledgeling 3d modeling skills, and it was not printed to actually work. The concept was there, but the model was built badly.

So I figured out a new way. Im gonna make a bunch of these. One problem now is that my method does not allow for the stock to fold. The adapter doesnt have the recess on the side of the stock to make room for the safety selector. That is something I will need to consider in my next prototype.

Anyway this is absolutely sold. Gonna take it out and test it this weekend. Will post video later.

The stock has a slight droop to it. I will need to fix that as well.

Finally, my AR Stock adapter is DONE!! Stock_10

Here is my factory stock next to my Magpul KRISS stock. LOP is pretty much the same and the cheek weld feels fantastic when you shoulder the KRISS.

Finally, my AR Stock adapter is DONE!! Stock_11

Side my side comparison. My KRISS Carbine and KWA KRISS SMG.

Finally, my AR Stock adapter is DONE!! Stock_12
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Finally, my AR Stock adapter is DONE!! Empty Re: Finally, my AR Stock adapter is DONE!!

Post by Solscud007 Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:58 pm

Apparently someone else made one.

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop/tsc-m4-stock-adaptor-for-kwa-kriss-vector-gbb-p-10202.html?cPath=1_45

Much cheaper and made of aluminum.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Finally, my AR Stock adapter is DONE!! Empty Re: Finally, my AR Stock adapter is DONE!!

Post by TheStalker Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:43 am

Nice man! I like that look so much better! Can you still fire it without the stock causing problems folded?

Just ordered the parts from that link you posted, and will report how it fits when I get back home first of July.

Chris
TheStalker
TheStalker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheStalker Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:45 am

Never mind, it's back on there.

Chris
TheStalker
TheStalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:17 am

One problem with the other adapter is that it uses airsoft buffer tubes. They are not the same as actual buffer tubes. If you click the link you will see what I mean. There is a protrusion with tabs at 3 and 9 o'clock.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by TheStalker Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:17 am

Ya, I seen that and bought their buffer tube kit as well. Hope it all fits on my MOE stock. If not I'll make it Very Happy

Chris
TheStalker
TheStalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:19 am

TheStalker wrote:Ya, I seen that and bought their buffer tube kit as well. Hope it all fits on my MOE stock. If not I'll make it Very Happy

Chris

I think Airsoft buffer tubes are usually Commercial dimensions. Not Mil-Spec.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by TheStalker Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:26 am

I got one of each at the house (commercial/Mil Spec). Whichever it is I will have to buy one to keep on the KRISS as the commercial is on my MKA1919 and the Mil Spec is on an AR.

Chris
TheStalker
TheStalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:06 pm

Well I was wrong. my airsoft friends corrected me. Airsoft buffer tubes are Mil-spec.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by TheStalker Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:16 pm

That's good news! Can get the Mil Spec almost anywhere at home.

Chris
TheStalker
TheStalker

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrob_872004 Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Solscud007 wrote:Sorry it took so long.

Here is the original post
http://www.krisstalk.com/t14-kriss-stocks-upgrade

I tried to 3D print a buffertube that could attach to the KRISS hinge. The model was interpreted wrong, mostly due to my fledgeling 3d modeling skills, and it was not printed to actually work. The concept was there, but the model was built badly.

So I figured out a new way. Im gonna make a bunch of these. One problem now is that my method does not allow for the stock to fold. The adapter doesnt have the recess on the side of the stock to make room for the safety selector. That is something I will need to consider in my next prototype.

Anyway this is absolutely sold. Gonna take it out and test it this weekend. Will post video later.

The stock has a slight droop to it. I will need to fix that as well.

Finally, my AR Stock adapter is DONE!! Stock_10

Here is my factory stock next to my Magpul KRISS stock. LOP is pretty much the same and the cheek weld feels fantastic when you shoulder the KRISS.

Finally, my AR Stock adapter is DONE!! Stock_11

Side my side comparison. My KRISS Carbine and KWA KRISS SMG.

Finally, my AR Stock adapter is DONE!! Stock_12

When can I buy this?
bigrob_872004
bigrob_872004

Back to top Go down

Post by TheStalker Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:45 am

Solscud007 wrote:Apparently someone else made one.

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop/tsc-m4-stock-adaptor-for-kwa-kriss-vector-gbb-p-10202.html?cPath=1_45

Much cheaper and made of aluminum.

bigrob_872004 wrote:

When can I buy this?

Now, follow the link Solscud007 posted above. I bought the Airsoft stock adapter and buffer tube kit from them and will use one of my MOE stocks.

Like Solscud007 mentioned, you will have to buy their buffer tube kit as it matches their stock adapter for mounting. So your looking at $65 +shipping from that site and the price of a M4 MOE or whatever M4 stock you want (roughly $130 +SH for all).

Chris
TheStalker
TheStalker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheStalker Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:11 am

Been looking at the difference between the KRISS and the MOE with the adapter, how does it feel in your shoulder Solscud007?

Looks like the adapter with MOE is about 2 inches higher in the shoulder. Have you noticed any adverse effects getting a good sight picture or sight alignment with the irons or Eotech?

Chris
TheStalker
TheStalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Kriss50GI Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:28 am

Looks great, I have been working on this same type adapter but have had a hard time getting someone with time to draw it up in CAD. My first design was adjustable to better allow for taller sights but was not as strong as I though it should have been, so I figured out what was best height for irons and taller sights. I now have a guy drawing it up and hope to get prototypes soon...also mine is able to be folded. Solscud007 I still hope you get your mag-lev into production as I think it is the best addition for the Kriss and would buy it now for my Kriss.

Kriss50GI

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:57 am

My adapter is adjustable. The collar, that screws onto the buffer tube, can be adusted a little bit height wise.

I recommend getting the airsoft one and trying it out. It is cheap and if it doesnt work for you, just sell it to airsofters haha.

Also I cant fold my stock as I am in NY, but not for much longer.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeromat209 Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:48 pm

Did you straighten out the stock on the Magpul ? It looks Bad ass!! and I love Magpul stuff!!
Aeromat209
Aeromat209

Back to top Go down

Post by blowndeadline Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:40 pm

What about a Law Tactical folding stock adapter?

blowndeadline

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:26 pm

That could work, but it would increase the length of pull even more. A Hera Arms side folding unit would work too, but you have the same issue of increasing length of pull.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down