KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Couple of questions from a prospective owner.

+2
sargebailey
ApplePie
6 posters

Go down

Couple of questions from a prospective owner.  Empty Couple of questions from a prospective owner.

Post by ApplePie Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:52 pm

When I first saw the Kriss on TV I thought I was the ugliest thing I had ever seen.  When I picked up one at the gun show a couple of days ago I thought it was the greatest ugliest thing ever.  Now I have a few questions before I pull the trigger on a purchase.  One of the biggest draws of the Kriss to me is being able to run cheap .45 reloads through it.  My 1911 subsists on a diet of 200grain RNFP cast bullets, how does the kriss like light cast loads?  

On the other end has anyone tried running really hot loads like .45 super ammo? Maybe some slow burning powder like blue dot to put the extra 10 inches of barrel sticking out of the front to use? 

How is the accuracy, could I ring plates at 100 yards?  

One thing I did not get to try out was the trigger. How is the trigger? 

How lefty friendly is? No brass in the face, workable controls, sling mounting options that sorta thing.

ApplePie

Back to top Go down

Couple of questions from a prospective owner.  Empty Re: Couple of questions from a prospective owner.

Post by sargebailey Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:37 pm

I'd say no to the light loads. Yes to 100 yards. Trigger not so great but it gets smoother as you use it. Not lefty friendly.

sargebailey

Back to top Go down

Couple of questions from a prospective owner.  Empty Re: Couple of questions from a prospective owner.

Post by Aeromat209 Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:42 am

I run 230 gr TMJ reloads through mine without a hitch ! Kriss recommends 230gr FMJ factory new brass.
Aeromat209
Aeromat209

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:04 pm

I have run my KRISS on left shoulder during some local matches. The stage required pistol shooters to engage targets freestyle, strong hand, then weak hand. To further my manipulation skills of the KRISS Vector, I tried shooting left side.

It can be done but there are issues you need to take into consideration.

Your right arm, depending on how you hold and shoot the Vector, may be in the path of the ejecting brass. I use an extended C-clamp grip and my right arm gets in the way. If you tuck in and hold the mag well you shouldnt have this problem.

The bigger problem is when you want to run and gun fast. The reload will slow you down until you learn it blind. Because the controls are all on the left side of the weapon.

You will need to experiment and see what manipulation you prefer and get the results you want.

In my case, I roll the run over to the left. reach under and grab the charging handle. rip it back with my right hand. insert mag, then hit the bolt release blind. This can be done but takes a LOT of practice to do it fast. I havent gotten there yet.

I talked to one of the KRISS reps at SHOT Show. He showed me his take on left hand manipulation of the Vector.

http://www.krisstalk.com/t566-left-hand-manipulation-of-the-vector#6877

This is a great techinque. Everything is exposed and accessible for a left handed shooter. The ONLY problem is that the mag well is now turned away from the shooter. Requiring a little more manipulation to extract a mag or insert a fresh mag.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:29 pm

I am a lefty and it is very easy and I find it "lefty friendly" if you have any experience with Euro guns like the MP5, AUG, and others like them. I have both of the two mentioned and you can be lightning fast with a little practice.

First of all I have never been hit in the face with flying brass even if you shoot "nose to stock hinge pin" close. As far as charging the weapon just roll the KRISS to the right (ejection port facing down), slide your off hand under the charging lever so it rests against the pad of your palm (Thumb facing up and hand very close touching the side of the frame, push the pistol grip forward and pull back on the charging handle at the same time. Roll the KRISS back upright and you are ready to rock-n-roll.

When you want to eject a mag just slide your off hand back so it is touching the front of the mag well and press the release with your index finger. After you insert a fresh mag you raise your hand a couple of inches and depress the mag release with same index finger. I doubt there any right handers out there that do a mag change and faster because the controls are on the left side. Think about it, right handers still have to use their off hand to manipulate the mag release and bolt release. They just use their thumb instead of the index finger.

JMHO,
MadDog

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kipp Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:32 pm

tons of youtubes out there.
Kipp
Kipp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down