KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen 1 Kriss Super V internal pics and CA-legal featureless build pic

2 posters

Go down

Gen 1 Kriss Super V internal pics and CA-legal featureless build pic Empty Gen 1 Kriss Super V internal pics and CA-legal featureless build pic

Post by saki302 Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:27 am

Hi Guys,

I was finally able to snap a couple pics of the Kriss I legalized for a friend of mine. The stock is pinned open (button disabled with washers), and a custom kydex grip wedge was made by me to block the pistol grip. As-is, it is a featureless rifle in CA, and he can use his old pre-ban Glock hi-cap magazines at the range.
The wedge is secured with rivets (to itself), and cannot be removed without drilling out all six rivets and reheating the kydex to make it pliable. It cannot be knocked off 'accidentally'.

Here are a couple pics of the old unmodified internal parts too. Maybe some of you with updated internals can post some pics up for a comparison?

Gen 1 Kriss Super V internal pics and CA-legal featureless build pic IMG_1926
Gen 1 Kriss Super V internal pics and CA-legal featureless build pic IMG_1927
Gen 1 Kriss Super V internal pics and CA-legal featureless build pic IMG_1928
Gen 1 Kriss Super V internal pics and CA-legal featureless build pic IMG_1929
Gen 1 Kriss Super V internal pics and CA-legal featureless build pic IMG_1931
Gen 1 Kriss Super V internal pics and CA-legal featureless build pic IMG_1932
Gen 1 Kriss Super V internal pics and CA-legal featureless build pic IMG_1933

saki302

Back to top Go down

Gen 1 Kriss Super V internal pics and CA-legal featureless build pic Empty Re: Gen 1 Kriss Super V internal pics and CA-legal featureless build pic

Post by Solscud007 Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:19 am

Could you remove the slider and lay on a table and take a pic?
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Gen 1 Kriss Super V internal pics and CA-legal featureless build pic Empty Re: Gen 1 Kriss Super V internal pics and CA-legal featureless build pic

Post by saki302 Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:04 am

I'll try to get better disassembled pics next time I see him. I didn't have time to take the bolt assembly out.

-Dave

saki302

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:18 pm

Is that a Larue eotec riser I see? why? Is it so he can co-witness lower 1/3?
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by saki302 Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:54 pm

I asked him- the LArue mount came with the EOTech, so he used it Smile I didn't mess with the backup sights, so I didn't see how they co-witness. AFAIK he doesn't use the backups at all.

I got more pics today of the internals. I custom modded a Magpul AFG for him to fit, so I took it apart while I had it this afternoon Smile
With his featureless build, he can't legally run a vertical foregrip, so the magpul fit the bill nicely. It handles a bit more like a conventional rifle now if you grip the AFG (or what's left of it- my thumb hooks nicely over the charging handle for a stable hold).

The black rubber buffer only has maybe 150 rounds fired with it- you can see it's starting to get chewed up a bit already. I replaced the buffer and recoil spring for him at the same time late last year.

Gen 1 Kriss Super V internal pics and CA-legal featureless build pic IMG_2009
Gen 1 Kriss Super V internal pics and CA-legal featureless build pic IMG_2010
Gen 1 Kriss Super V internal pics and CA-legal featureless build pic IMG_2011
Gen 1 Kriss Super V internal pics and CA-legal featureless build pic IMG_2012
Gen 1 Kriss Super V internal pics and CA-legal featureless build pic IMG_2014
Gen 1 Kriss Super V internal pics and CA-legal featureless build pic IMG_2015
Gen 1 Kriss Super V internal pics and CA-legal featureless build pic IMG_2016

saki302

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:01 am

I am a trend setter haha. My modified AFG. It isnt just for looks. It is a VERY comfortable hold.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by saki302 Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:28 am

And it's CA legal to boot Very Happy He had a rail protector on it before- at least now there's somehting usable Smile

-Dave

saki302

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down