KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M4 stock adapter at buds

2 posters

Go down

M4 stock adapter at buds Empty M4 stock adapter at buds

Post by bolus Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:59 pm

The adapter is in stock at Bud's. With 'make an offer' I got it at $49

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/713077687/KRISS+VECTOR+M4+STOCK+ADAPTER

bolus

Back to top Go down

M4 stock adapter at buds Empty Re: M4 stock adapter at buds

Post by 248Shooter Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:18 am

That is a great price. We did a review on it as well as some instructions of how to swap it out on the SDP version that does not have the folding stock.

http://248shooter.com/index.php/kriss-sdp-updated-review-with-m4-stock-adapter-and-sig-brace/

248Shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by bolus Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:20 pm

248Shooter wrote:That is a great price. We did a review on it as well as some instructions of how to swap it out on the SDP version that does not have the folding stock.

http://248shooter.com/index.php/kriss-sdp-updated-review-with-m4-stock-adapter-and-sig-brace/

Nice article.

On the pin, it does not need to be destroyed

"Step 2
Get a punch, hammer and vice. Vice the gun in place using rags or a non-marring vice grip to avoid damaging the finish of your gun. Now bang the ever living hell out of the pin that holds on your butt plate. You will need to destroy this pin in the process there is no way to save it."

I used a drill press to carefully drill the top of the rivet off. The pin can spin in place so it took a lot of patience drilling slowly.

when trying to tap it, I realized that my pin already had threads in it. I happen to have a bolt in the garage that fit the threads and could reuse that pin. So if you are careful about drilling the head off that pin, you can reuse it in a pinch.

M4 stock adapter at buds ZoOKMiP

bolus

Back to top Go down

Post by 248Shooter Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:21 pm

That is great news I'll update the article. Do you know what size bit and what size bolt you used so I can include that?

248Shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by bolus Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:24 pm

I'll have to check the tap I used when I get home. The head of the rivet was still in there. I thought I'd try tapping it before throwing it away. The tap went in very easily and that's when I realized there were threads underneath it and I just happened to get lucky with the tap I used. The tap cleaned up the left over rivet and it was good to go.

bolus

Back to top Go down

Post by bolus Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:29 pm

Here is the other end of the pin. I put the pin in a vise and spun the rivet out with some vise grips. You can see that the pin has threads inside. Unfortunately, I could not determine the exact thread pitch. It seems they are either a little damaged by the rivet or I used a slightly wrong tap on the other side.

So thinking back, I think a good way to get the pin off is to try a screw extractor since the rivet did engage the threads enough.

M4 stock adapter at buds Grwq9Hl

bolus

Back to top Go down

Post by 248Shooter Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:41 pm

awesome information thank you. Mind if I add these pics as well?

248Shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by bolus Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:46 pm

that's fine with me

bolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down