KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

break in of kriss crb

2 posters

Go down

break in of kriss crb Empty break in of kriss crb

Post by donnie1214 Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:38 pm

Just bought my CRB on Friday and went to the range on Saturday.  I put 200 rounds through it (Federal ammo, I bought Winchester to try hopefully this weekend to see if there is a difference).  Through the process I had roughly 15-20 stovepipes and multiple ftf.  This was with the stock 13 rd mag and the extended. Yes I have read the threads concerning the issues with the extended mags and the twisted spring issues.  Also there was an abnormal amount of burnt powder all over.  While looking at the ejected rounds all of the casings had severe a dent in the side.  My friend has an SDP and doesn't have any of these issues.  Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

donnie1214

Back to top Go down

break in of kriss crb Empty Re: break in of kriss crb

Post by AXman Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:52 pm

mine has the same issues. it is waiting to go back for repairs. also i put over 600 rounds through it with the same problems you are having.

AXman

Back to top Go down

Post by donnie1214 Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:27 pm

What repairs is it going in for? After reading some other post on this site I am thinking there may be an issue with the bolt. Please let me know what they tell you when you take it in.

donnie1214

Back to top Go down

Post by AXman Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:57 pm

It has yet to ship from my FFL. hopefully i will know soon.

AXman

Back to top Go down

Post by donnie1214 Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:07 pm

I dropped mine off at the shop where I purchased it tonight. They want to run a few rounds through it tomorrow morning and then for me to swing by after work for their diagnoses of the issues. Something that I didn't think about was that I should have saved a handful of the dented shells for them to see.

donnie1214

Back to top Go down

Post by AXman Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:29 pm

My ff. shot it and said they would fix it if it wasn't under warranty. I seems like the ramp needs to be polished. Mine is not polished

AXman

Back to top Go down

Post by donnie1214 Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:14 pm

Stopped by the gun shop this afternoon and they believe all my problems were due to bad ammo. I gave the shop 13 rds of the federal ammo that I shot and out of it they had the same issues happen five times. They then shot 50 rounds of precision one ammo through the gun and no issues at all. They even had videos to show me of how it acted with the different ammo. The gun didn't get that dirty from it like before either. The main culprit seems to be possible old ammo that was bought from walmart.

donnie1214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down