KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SBRing the SDP my thoughts.

+9
mambro
Gun
seaneady
Antrax
ROLL
cpu77
Solscud007
CatMostFeared
beltfed
13 posters

Go down

SBRing the SDP my thoughts.  Empty SBRing the SDP my thoughts.

Post by beltfed Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:12 pm

Hey guys, bought an SDP last week with the intention of SBRing the thing, got a great deal on it from my local dealer. I see that Kriss offers the stock kit on their website for $70. That's why I bought the pistol, I thought I could just do a form 1 and once the stamp comes in I could just add the stock. Cheaper and easier than removing the carbine barrel and cut/threading it. But I see that altering the gun voids the factory warranty. So I emailed kriss and they said to convert a carbine to SBR costs like $450 but to convert a pistol to SBR costs $300 and would keep the warranty in Place, so I bought the pistol. Once my stamp comes in I just mail the pistol to them and they would do the conversion and mail the gun directly back to me in SBR configuration. Well that's all fine and dandy but why spend $300 plus shipping costs when the warranty clearly states the it's only good for 1 year. I think I may as well just buy the $70 stock and install it myself if the warranty will dern near be expired anyway.

So, that's my thoughts and experiences thus far. Yalls thoughts or opinions are welcome.

beltfed

Back to top Go down

SBRing the SDP my thoughts.  Empty Re: SBRing the SDP my thoughts.

Post by CatMostFeared Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:21 pm

Just wondering does the rear parts, where the stock would go, remove easy?
CatMostFeared
CatMostFeared
Admin

http://www.krisstalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beltfed Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:58 pm

Looks like the hinge pin is actually a rivet. My plan is to drill the head off and remove it like any other rivet and that would let the pistols butt-plate be removed. It also appears that the stock kit sold by Kriss would then simply install where the old butt-plate was. The issue then is replacing the rivet pin, or in the case of the carbine folding stock it would be the hinge pin. I will probably simply use a hardened Allen head bolt and nylock nut on the bottom, should work fine. I also have an idea to install a folding AR style buffer tube. I've got alot of time to think about it until My stamp comes back.

beltfed

Back to top Go down

Post by CatMostFeared Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:36 am

Kind of like this one
http://www.krisstalk.com/t14-kriss-stocks-upgrade
CatMostFeared
CatMostFeared
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beltfed Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:32 am

Yea, something very similar.

beltfed

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:11 am

Would you mind taking some close up pictures of your SDP stock delete? Im curious to see what is going on. Please take pics of all sides. top, bottom, left and right. Thanks. I think the "rivet" might be this. Below are pics of my friend's Connecticut KRISS. The "rivet" is actually a hex screw that has been loc-tited and the hex was drilled out. Does your look like this?

SBRing the SDP my thoughts.  IMG_0136
SBRing the SDP my thoughts.  IMG_0137

When it comes time for a stock, all you need is another standard take down pin. All standard Vectors use the same pin, as the bodypins, to hold the stock in place.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by beltfed Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:08 pm

Yea, that's it exactly. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I called it a rivet because, well, it looks like a rivet. There are no flats in the center hole for an allen wrench. So thanks again.

Let me understand this, on the standard kriss carbine with a folding stock the pin shown in the pics above is replaced with the same takedown pins that hold the Kriss's upper and lower receivers together?

If that's the case I find it absurd the Kriss would charge over $300 for simply remove the SDPs stock delete and pinning a new stock kit on.......?

beltfed

Back to top Go down

Post by cpu77 Wed May 09, 2012 10:40 am

Thinking of SBR a pistol as well. Have you removed the allen bolt yet? If so how did you do it? Dremel a slot or drill it out?

cpu77

Back to top Go down

Post by beltfed Wed May 09, 2012 12:18 pm

I dremeled a slot in the screw head very carefully so it would accomodate a large flat head screw drive. After that it came right apart.

heres a link with good info on how I did it and what I found:

http://www.krisstalk.com/t147-inside-the-back-of-the-sdp-w-pics

beltfed

Back to top Go down

Post by ROLL Fri May 11, 2012 7:13 pm

beltfed wrote:I dremeled a slot in the screw head very carefully so it would accomodate a large flat head screw drive. After that it came right apart.

heres a link with good info on how I did it and what I found:

Were you able to get the silver block out of the receiver butt?

You mention in the tutorial that it looks like you have to remove the top rail and then it comes out?

Can you expand on this please?

ROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by cpu77 Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:18 am

Just a note the screw in the stock is on the top. I say this if you want to drill it out. Drill from top. I had no luck with slotting it and using a srewdriver. Dam red locktite!

cpu77

Back to top Go down

Post by Antrax Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:41 pm

I tried to unscrew the folding stock hinge pin making a slot in both sides with a Dremel but couldn't break the picture seal. I lost 30 min. trying. It took a couple of minutes with a drill to take the pin head off. I replace it with a take down pin that I got from Kriss.

Antrax

Back to top Go down

Post by ROLL Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Could someone explain how to remove the plastic but end cap after the pin is drilled out please. It seems solidly in there still and I don't know which direction to push/pull. Haven't seen anyone else with this problem.

ROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:52 am

You should be able to push to the right, towards the hinge. Did you remove the sling mount? I think there is a screw. Behind the endcap is a threaded metal plate. Oh also you might need to pop the retaining pin. In the regular stock there is a rolled pin holding the latch button in place.

I think you pop the retaining pin and the block can move. Then unscrew the latch looking thing from the threaded plate.

Edit: Ahh, Roll check this thread out.

Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by ROLL Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Solscud007 wrote:You should be able to push to the right, towards the hinge. Did you remove the sling mount? I think there is a screw. Behind the endcap is a threaded metal plate. Oh also you might need to pop the retaining pin. In the regular stock there is a rolled pin holding the latch button in place.

I think you pop the retaining pin and the block can move. Then unscrew the latch looking thing from the threaded plate.

Edit: Ahh, Roll check this thread out.

That helped, got it off. Thank you very much!

ROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by seaneady Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:44 pm

beltfed wrote:Hey guys, bought an SDP last week with the intention of SBRing the thing, got a great deal on it from my local dealer. I see that Kriss offers the stock kit on their website for $70.

Hello everyone. I am trying to find the stock and do not see it anywhere. I just purchased the SDP and was interested in going through the process to SBR it. Is it still able to be purchased or do you have to send it into Kriss to have the work done. My second question is what does the $300 get you? $70 for the stock and $230 for labor ? I can call them tomorrow but just curious if anyone already knows. Thanks.

seaneady

Back to top Go down

Post by CatMostFeared Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:59 pm

Just call and see if you buy the stock 1st
CatMostFeared
CatMostFeared
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Antrax Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:05 pm

If you have the pistol, you will need the folding stock, the push button and the folding stock pin to do the convert it.

Antrax

Back to top Go down

Post by Gun Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:28 pm

WARNING - I'M RESURRECTING A LONG DEAD THREAD...

I was looking on Kriss' website and did not see a replacement stock for sale (as mentioned in the first post). Did they stop selling these? I emailed Kriss but got no response.
Gun
Gun

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:09 pm

email rarely gets an answer. Best to try and call them. GL with that.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by mambro Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:53 pm

Gun wrote:I was looking on Kriss' website and did not see a replacement stock for sale (as mentioned in the first post). Did they stop selling these? I emailed Kriss but got no response.
I have not seen them for sale (or any other parts kits) since the website redesign. One option is to ask them on Facebook (if you go there). If you post and they don't answer, you are in a public forum of theirs to call their attention to it until they do. Headbang
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by msmith Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:02 pm

I ordered a stock from Kriss USA last week, it arrived today.

msmith

Back to top Go down

Post by hkbeltfed Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:19 am

msmith wrote:I ordered a stock from Kriss USA last week, it arrived today.

How much $$$?

hkbeltfed

Back to top Go down

Post by rqthai Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:02 am

msmith wrote:I ordered a stock from Kriss USA last week, it arrived today.

Did you have to call to order? It doesn't show on website and I'm not going to pay $300+ on ebay for a stock. I rather send it back to Kriss. Anyways sorry about the rant. I would appreciated if you let us know how you placed the order. Thanks!

rqthai

Back to top Go down

Post by jsstritz Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:12 am

Antrax wrote:If you have the pistol, you will need the folding stock, the push button and the folding stock pin to do the convert it.
the KRISS stock kit includes all three of these items. They sell for 75 dollars from KRISS directly. I received mine last week

jsstritz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down