KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kriss sights + trij fiber post

3 posters

Go down

kriss sights + trij fiber post Empty kriss sights + trij fiber post

Post by nih Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:33 pm

anybody replace front post with one of these? wondering if it fits on the old style flip up sights with the pistol sights when its folded down. If not if it fits on the new Midwest ones. If neither, any of other manufactures fit? I have truglo TFO on my M&P 9mm and love them.

Trijicon Tritium AR-15 / M4 Front Sight Post
SKU: BWA_TRJ_CP25F
Manufacturer: Trijicon

http://www.blackweaponsarmory.com/ar-15-iron-sights/trijicon-tritium-ar-15-m4-front-sight-post.html

nih

Back to top Go down

kriss sights + trij fiber post Empty Re: kriss sights + trij fiber post

Post by mambro Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:47 pm

There is an older thread that had some information on the topic (especially page 2):

http://www.krisstalk.com/t130p15-optic-deals-list-them-here

The Trijicon post itself should fit (screw) into the front sight, but the height is presumed to be off (designed for 5.56/.223 vs. .45ACP). Still haven't found a member with digital calipers who can get this sorted out.

helpme
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by nih Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:30 pm

if it screws in im happy, its a dot so even if the post is higher i assume id aim by putting the dot on target, not cut the target w/ top horizontal line of post like you would an AR. i'll just figure out the hold over and be close enough.

i'll buy one, not sure about the calipers part for you but i'll take some side by side pics of the post before i put it in.

im 4 days into 6-8 wk wait for sbr from kriss...the joys of waiting.

nih

Back to top Go down

Post by nih Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:55 pm

Put the trij post into the original kriss buis today. below is side by side. see how trij is double stack, that top spins independent so once you have height you can spin just the top and the dot will face you.

kriss sights + trij fiber post Trijpost

How it worked out..well..@25' it was 3" low..and..the front post was as low as it would go, sorry didn't snap a pic of the post in front site. the bottom circle part w/ the notches was touching the site, max screwed.

Looking at the new buis that came w/ the kriss (friend gave me set of original, cause..well they are smaller,cooler, pistol sights), the newer ones w/ the diamond site pictures, it looks like it would screw down lower into the front site. the new sites have like a recessed circle around screw hole, so that notched part goes down into the site, the original sights just have the screw hole, i think in woodworking they call it a countersink.

the dot..well..in light, its nothing, its more the white around fiber than green. its fine, in pitch black dark..its small, but its bright and easy to pick up when holding gun. for $58 id say its worth it.

nih

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:29 am

Not bad. Thanks for sharing.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content