KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Kriss owner

4 posters

Go down

New Kriss owner  Empty New Kriss owner

Post by ethomas727 Fri May 11, 2012 1:57 pm

What's up guys? I'm a new Kriss owner and so far I love it. I got the carbine version at the last gun show here in Tampa basically because it looks awesome number one, and it's a .45 so it has power... and the recoil technology keeps me on target. I love seeing this weapon on various shows like Future Weapons, and the new (can’t remember the exact name) Son's of Guns (maybe) plus all the youtube videos from different owners. My plan is to get a full auto SB version but paperwork is slow. I also have an HK SL8-6, and a Rock River Arms LAR-PDS Tri Rail in my rifle collection. I look forward to learning from the members in this forum. Thanks! Eric

ethomas727

Back to top Go down

New Kriss owner  Empty Re: New Kriss owner

Post by mambro Fri May 11, 2012 2:08 pm

Hi, Eric! Welcome to the forum! welcome1 With your interest in getting the SMG, are you GOV/LEO/FFL+SOT?
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Fri May 11, 2012 3:27 pm

Welcome. Yeah unless your a FFL or LEO I dont see you owning a SMG any time in your future. SBR and a fast finger is the closest you can get. Or go to a range and rent/borrow someone else's SMG.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by ethomas727 Fri May 11, 2012 3:29 pm

Hi mambro, none of those. Just an enthusiast is all.

ethomas727

Back to top Go down

Post by ethomas727 Fri May 11, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi Solscud007, Florida is a good state to live in for gun lovers. There are a few ways to get a SMG, and maybe you already know. The easiest of the ways is to get a gun trust. The most difficult part though is the wait. Once the papers are sent in it could take up to 6 months for them to be approved. Most likely it will be even longer, but it is possible.

ethomas727

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Fri May 11, 2012 3:35 pm

ethomas727 wrote:Hi Solscud007, Florida is a good state to live in for gun lovers. There are a few ways to get a SMG, and maybe you already know. The easiest of the ways is to get a gun trust. The most difficult part though is the wait. Once the papers are sent in it could take up to 6 months for them to be approved. Most likely it will be even longer, but it is possible.

You sure about that? I know you can get full auto. But Im pretty sure there is a federal law about new select fire weapons. You just cant own any of the new fancy guns. But if you want an Uzi, MP5, M-16 etc then sure you can get those. Even a belt fed. But i highly doubt you can own a KRISS Vector SMG as a private citizen in the US.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by ethomas727 Fri May 11, 2012 3:36 pm

To be honest though, personally I don't need a full auto version of anything. I actually just want the SBR part of the deal. Full auto would be cool to have but it's a waste of ammo IMO

ethomas727

Back to top Go down

Post by ethomas727 Fri May 11, 2012 3:39 pm

Hmmm, ok now that you mention it you could be right, but I have not run into that wall yet. I will have to research that a little. Either way just the ability to shorten the barrel on a couple of my rifles and get a SBR Kriss would make me happy.

ethomas727

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Fri May 11, 2012 3:39 pm

SBR should not be a problem for you.

I agree. I do not want full auto. I would like SBR and, if it were EVER possible, two round burst.

Two rd burst on the KRISS Vector is a lot of fun.

Here is a video where I shot one in Vegas.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by ethomas727 Fri May 11, 2012 3:44 pm

Nice video! two or three round bursts would be cool but yes ammo will go fast and loading the 30 round mag gets tiring after a couple hundred rounds.

ethomas727

Back to top Go down

New Kriss owner  Empty NFA Items

Post by mambro Fri May 11, 2012 4:02 pm

You are both correct in that an individual can legally own a "machine gun", but there is a "when it was manufactured and registered" limitation that is most relevant here.

Machine guns legally registered prior to the date of enactment (i.e. May 1986) are still legal for possession by and transfer among civilians where permitted by state law.
The KRISS SMG would be too "new" for an individual to own since it was made post May 1986. Not a problem for GOV/LEO/FFL-SOT folks. (The "SOT" part of that is important too.)

Here are some highlights of the National Firearms Act that have several critical points: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act

There are other threads in our forum that discuss how some folks are handling their CRB to SBR conversion.

cheers
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by CatMostFeared Fri May 11, 2012 9:12 pm

welcome2 to the forums and the SBR is the way to go
CatMostFeared
CatMostFeared
Admin

http://www.krisstalk.com