KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultrasonic Cleaning

5 posters

Go down

Ultrasonic Cleaning Empty Ultrasonic Cleaning

Post by J3L Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:40 pm

I have been using ultrasonic cleaning for many different firearms over the years. This has never caused me any problems, it's a great shortcut in the cleaning process. I wonder if anyone knows if KRISS components should or could be cleaned in an ultrasonic bath. Tell me everything you can.
J3L
J3L

Back to top Go down

Ultrasonic Cleaning Empty Re: Ultrasonic Cleaning

Post by Undrpsi Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:33 pm

J3L...I tried the ultrasonic cleaning method for brass last year after hearing rave reviews. Watched several youtube vids on it. Ran out to the local Harbor Freight and bought the exact same model (Chicago Electric??) that everyone was using. I DID NOT get the same results. I tried the standard cleaning agents sold for ultrasonic and the concoction (Lemon Fresh? cleaner-something) and it never cleaned them as good as the vibratory cleaner. I ran them over and over again and they still seemed dingy and had soot. I followed a video with the exact same setup on youtube step by step...the poster ran it through ONE 480 second cycle and pulled out magically deliscious brass...mine still looked like they were stray range pick ups..

Just asking...Cause I have some stainless weapons / parts I would LOVE to get completly clean. My lower reciever on my Desert Eagle .357 is the biggest one..it is impossible to get all the gray off without stripping it down and washing it in the shower with me.

Undrpsi...

Undrpsi
Undrpsi

Back to top Go down

Post by Glockink Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:22 pm

I have, but would rather clean them by hand...so now I have a HUGE ultrasonic to sell.

Glockink

Back to top Go down

Post by odogg316 Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:18 pm

I ran my bolt through an ultrasonic cleaner to break up the carbon build up under the ejector,was having smokestacking issues will know if it worked this weekend

odogg316

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:37 pm

Keep us posted.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content