KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre Chaos Pricing for a SBR

4 posters

Go down

Pre Chaos Pricing for a SBR Empty Pre Chaos Pricing for a SBR

Post by mrdci Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:48 am

Looking to pick up a SBR to add to my collection. Looking around now and just wanted to see what the preban talk price was. I looked at the SDP and CBR before and know they were typically from $1600-$1800. Any info you have would help. Thanks.

mrdci

Back to top Go down

Pre Chaos Pricing for a SBR Empty Re: Pre Chaos Pricing for a SBR

Post by TheStalker Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:04 pm

Bill @ Rocky Top Tactical still has them for that price with a 7-8 week delay, just tell him Chris sent ya!

Chris
TheStalker
TheStalker

Back to top Go down

Post by mambro Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Welcome to the forum! welcome1 Also glad to see some folks like Rocky Top Tactical are still selling at sane prices. Just for laughs, here is an example of INSANE... $5k for an older CRB and two mags.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/926708/greenville-georgia-rifles-for-sale-trade--kriss-tdi--45-vector-carbine

wtf
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by mrdci Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:14 am

Found a dealer close to me that has the for just under $1900. So the only thing I'm debating on is order the sbr then wait for the form or order a pistol and convert it to an sbr once the forms are done. Never done a conversion anyone had any experience?

mrdci

Back to top Go down

Post by jsstritz Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:24 pm

It's terribly easy. Google is your friend Smile

jsstritz

Back to top Go down

Post by mrdci Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:54 pm

jsstritz wrote:It's terribly easy. Google is your friend Smile

Well the Google answer of shipping the CRB or SDP to Kriss and they doing the forms and what ever with the ATF is the short answer. But how long does that take. Also do they start the process (forms and what not) when you buy the kit and once the paper work comes through you can ship them the firearm. Also since this will just be an add on to a trust does Kriss just do that for you as the paper work or are they just talking form 4 or 3 I cant remember which is required to send to back to my FFL. Doesn't sound so easy to me.

Also Kriss states that if you do it yourself the warranty is void. So I don't see why replacing a barrel would be that difficult. Also if you do it do you get the original parts back if you decide to switch back and forth.

Last edited by mrdci on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding info)

mrdci

Back to top Go down

Post by jsstritz Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:57 pm

Search the stickies on AR15 and M4carbine for their instructions on creating a fo and completing a form 1

jsstritz

Back to top Go down

Post by mambro Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:43 pm

mrdci wrote:...Also Kriss states that if you do it yourself the warranty is void. So I don't see why replacing a barrel would be that difficult.
Void is my understanding as well. If you DIY on the SBR, you are on your own... but that may not be a big deal for those out of warranty anyways. The barrel in the Vector is not so easy to get out. SDP is the "easiest" way to get to SBR. If you have a CRB, there is somebody out there who has made a fixture that allows them to cut down your CRB barrel without taking it apart.

http://www.krisstalk.com/t231-barrel-trunnion
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down