KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Range report with pictures of the aftermath. Need advice

5 posters

Go down

Range report with pictures of the aftermath. Need advice Empty Range report with pictures of the aftermath. Need advice

Post by buddybaja Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:53 am

Went out and put 350 rounds through the KRISS today and I am happy to report absolutely ZERO malfunctions. This makes almost 700 rounds with no issues. Looks like I got me a Wednesday gun haha.

My only concern is how dirty this thing gets, I am starting to think I may have over done the Hoppes no.9 when i last stripped it down. there was carbon and crap stuck everywhere. Need advice on what i can do to avoid it. Not a huge deal I suppose since the gun runs so well.
I was using PMC Bronze for 300 and Freedomunitions Reloads for the other 50
Range report with pictures of the aftermath. Need advice 20130312

Range report with pictures of the aftermath. Need advice 20130313

Range report with pictures of the aftermath. Need advice 20130314
Might need to call KRISS about the stop?

buddybaja

Back to top Go down

Range report with pictures of the aftermath. Need advice Empty Re: Range report with pictures of the aftermath. Need advice

Post by buddybaja Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:58 am

And then after

Range report with pictures of the aftermath. Need advice 20130315

Range report with pictures of the aftermath. Need advice 20130316

Range report with pictures of the aftermath. Need advice 20130317

Range report with pictures of the aftermath. Need advice 20130318

buddybaja

Back to top Go down

Range report with pictures of the aftermath. Need advice Empty Re: Range report with pictures of the aftermath. Need advice

Post by mambro Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:15 am

Well... there are different brands of ammo that run cleaner than others (ex. PNW Arms KRISS specific ammo) which would help in that respect. KRISS USA maintains their approved ammo list for rounds that are known to function reliably... and part of that is running a bit cleaner. PMC Bronze is on the list... any reloads are NOT.

http://www.kriss-usa.com/ressources/customer-service/ammunition-info

What you have in the pictures looks about "normal" to me for putting 350 rounds downrange with a wet/lubed setup. There are some folks here experimenting with "Frog Lube" which might help for a "less wet" (and easier cleaning) setup. KRISS USA also calls out for cleaning at the 400 round mark for these kinds of reasons. (See pg 14 below)

http://www.kriss-usa.com/ressources/customer-service/owner-s-manuals

Agreed... that buffer needs to be replaced, and it's an older revision. If you have the time, it might be good to consider sending your Vector in for the once-over & update. (I can see from your other pictures your Vector is an earlier unit.)

http://www.krisstalk.com/t88-kriss-vector-factory-revisions

beers
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by buddybaja Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:11 am

Yeah no more reloads for me. Like I said I am not terribly concerned you want to see what everyone else was experiencing. I will be getting the revisions soon. I love this thing though haha
Now I need to go about shimming the xps2.

buddybaja

Back to top Go down

Post by TheStalker Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:47 am

That looks so much cleaner than mine looked after about the same amount of rounds mixed with PMC Bronze, Golden Sabers, WWB, Speer Lawman & Remington UMC all in 230grn.

Chris
TheStalker
TheStalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:44 am

I don't see why you need to shim it. My friend's XPS2 cowitness but it is a lower 1/3 cowitness.

Yes Kriss will get dirty like that. And if you send it in. Make sure they send you back your original lower housing, if they replace it. I told them to do that and they tucked up and gave me a second updated lower housing. I will buy the early lower housing off you.

Last edited by Solscud007 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by Xn0r Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:54 pm

That looks normal to me. Vector is a blowback gun. It's part of the deal. At least it's easy to take apart and get some patches into. ;-)
Xn0r
Xn0r

Back to top Go down

Post by buddybaja Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Ok well I am not going to be too worried about it. Just though I was over oiling it lol.

On another note, I am heading to a range today to rent their SMG KRISS today as part of a birthday present. Woohoo!!!!

buddybaja

Back to top Go down

Post by buddybaja Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:44 pm

*UPDATE* got the eotech zeroed in at 25 yards. Added a magnifier just because haha. Another 150 trouble free rounds except for 2 instances when I would load a mag and when I released the bolt it wouldn't seat all the way. Not a huge deal I suppose.

buddybaja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down