KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barrel group removal

3 posters

Go down

Barrel group removal Empty Barrel group removal

Post by Cheesycook Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:32 am

I know that complete barrel removal is nearly impossible but here is my situation: I have an SBR 45acp. I just purchased a Rebel Silencer and need to change my thread pattern. I have a guy in Texas who specializes in threading Vectors. Shipping my tax stamped gun would be a PITA. I need to ship him the barrel assembly. I removed the two hex screws but still cannot get it to budge. Any advise?

Cheesycook

Back to top Go down

Barrel group removal Empty Re: Barrel group removal

Post by jpm8856 Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:52 pm

In addition to the two screws there is a rivet holding the Trunnion into the Receiver. If you drill the head off of only that rivet and punch it out, you can pry the Receiver Plates open enough to get the Barrel and Trunnion out.

But if you do that you will have to find a way to re-rivet the Trunnion back into place when you get the Barrel back.

jpm8856

Back to top Go down

Post by Readyman Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:29 am

There is bearing retaining adhesive used on trunion/sideplates as well. The cured adhesive has to be removed from both before reinstalling(using new adhesive). The removed rivet can be drilled and tapped for a flathead hex screw, or replace the rivet and flatten it as OEM.
Readyman
Readyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down