KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bolt release snapped

5 posters

Go down

Bolt release snapped Empty Bolt release snapped

Post by Lalmeida617 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:18 pm

Well guys I just finally got a chance to shoot my Gen 2 Alpine 9mm Carbine. She ran 40 or so rounds with no issue. Then the bolt release snapped in half (I didn't even use it). Then I ran 160 more rounds thru it with no issues. I would upload a pic but don't know how. I will call Kriss tomorrow we will see how there customer service is. This is not good on a $1600 rifle. I must say it's a hoot to shoot though. Very accurate and it stays right on target very cool machine.

Lalmeida617

Back to top Go down

Bolt release snapped Empty Re: Bolt release snapped

Post by Lalmeida617 Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:20 pm

Well guys Kriss emailed me today. Very speedy response. They needed my serial number, understandably. They said they were sorry and would be happy to send me out a new bolt release. Very nice. I will update when I receive it.

Lalmeida617

Back to top Go down

Post by mambro Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:47 pm

Sorry to hear about the part failure, but glad KRISS USA is going to come through on the replacement for you.  Smile
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lalmeida617 Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:46 pm

All fixed. All is well. The factory should use Blue Loctite not red. Kriss sent me the entire assembley including new screws which was nice. I ran 200 thru her today. No issues.

Lalmeida617

Back to top Go down

Post by Ljungmann Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:58 pm

What exactly broke if i may ask. was it the bar on the exernal control or the internal bar that makes contact with the magazine follower? this weekend my crb 9mm (~500-800 rounds) internal bolt hold open failed. The internal lever that makes contact with the magazine follower seems to have failed and is broken.
Ljungmann
Ljungmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Lalmeida617 Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:46 pm

The release lever itself snapped in half. If you have an email address I will send you a pic or 2

Lalmeida617

Back to top Go down

Post by apex2apex Mon May 01, 2017 5:12 pm

This happened to me as well except I was about 100 rounds into it.

apex2apex

Back to top Go down

Post by StuartBoyer Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:08 pm

I just had the same issue in under ~300 rounds before the break. My rifle was being used to demo it to a fellow LEO agency for adoption when mine snapped as well. I ended up buying one to replace it on my own as Kriss would never answer my emails. Gun was a safe queen before this and never has the bolt release been used it snapped while the gun was firing. Due to this the agency may not adopt it now after they where in love with it till this string.

Last edited by StuartBoyer on Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

StuartBoyer

Back to top Go down

Post by StuartBoyer Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:21 pm

Having issues installing the new one as 2 of the 4 screws on the old unit where stripped from factory. Finally got them out after a heat gun and beating a new bit to fit in. The heat gun had to be used so much the polymer bubbled in a spot but it was the only way to break the red loctite.

I'm kinda known as the gun guy for better or worse in our area among the agencies and usually who is looked to for gun questions, unfortunately it doesn't look like Kriss has a good rep in our region now.
After the breakage under light fire and no replies to my contacts the agency who borrowed mine is still up in the air on what to do and leaning towards not adopting it, my agency is sticking to AR rifles on individual officer purchase and will not allow carry of the Kriss despite me getting the sign off earlier in 2017 with a perfect qualification score with it and a third agency who I deal with was looking at them (just found out about that and did not know they had went and demoed the full auto models) have decided now Kriss is off the table and they are only looking at HK models.

Exact round count prior to breakage is as follows:
04-17-2017 110 rounds American Eagle 147gr
05-15-2017 100 rounds American Eagle 147gr
12-16-2017 038 rounds American Eagle 147gr
06-03-2019 025 rounds American Eagle 147gr
06-25-2019  Broke at some point during 100 rounds firing of 115gr Speer Lawman

Gun cleaned, lubed and inspected prior to each session and kept stored in climate controlled room and kept lubed while in storage with occasional inspections periodically.

StuartBoyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down