KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am really loving my Kriss. Everything but the trigger that is.

+3
Solscud007
nellattocs
hill92
7 posters

Go down

I am really loving my Kriss. Everything but the trigger that is. Empty I am really loving my Kriss. Everything but the trigger that is.

Post by hill92 Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:46 pm

I took the Kriss SDP out to my range again last week. Zero FTE or FTF issues. It really is a great gun to shoot and I'm really glad I bought it.

The trigger is a different story. It feels like I'm rubbing two pieces of 80 grit sandpaper together with a 20 pound weight laying on top of them.

I have decided that I am going to have to do something about it. I've read the two threads over in the mods section and it gives me great hope.

How many here have performed the trigger job on their Kriss? Are there any springs or anything that I need to worry about flying across the room to never be found as I perform the disassembly?

hill92

Back to top Go down

I am really loving my Kriss. Everything but the trigger that is. Empty Re: I am really loving my Kriss. Everything but the trigger that is.

Post by nellattocs Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:20 pm

I pulled my trigger pack over the weekend and disassembled it to inspect it. The pins come out easily. Once you take the tension off the hammer spring the hammer and spring comes out easily along with two black plastic round spacers. Then just go from there removing pins and paying careful attention to how the parts are oriented. If you are careful it is not a problem keeping up with everything. I separated each pin with the parts that the pin holds

It seems to me that there are a few obvious things that can be done. I imagine some of them would void any warranty if you try to send your KRISS in and the factory discover the mods.

First you can polish as directed by the other threads. What you need to polish is obvious once you get in there. Second, you can remove or lengthen one of the trigger return springs. Third, you could reduce the tension on the main spring (not the hammer spring) very carefully. I suppose you could tweak the hammer spring some but I would be worried about weak hammer strikes. I also think that some enterprising person could make new blocks that the trigger slides against out of delrin or other slippery material.

I also think that it's not a good design to have to remove the Pic rail to get at the top three Allen bolts to remove the trigger group. KRISS could have easily machined three access holes in the Pic rail to assit in removal of the trigger pack.

nellattocs

Back to top Go down

I am really loving my Kriss. Everything but the trigger that is. Empty Re: I am really loving my Kriss. Everything but the trigger that is.

Post by Solscud007 Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:37 am

Hmm im not sure why you guys have issues with the KRISS trigger. I run mine just fine and fast.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by Undrpsi Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:07 pm

I find the trigger on mine (brand new) to be..ok. It's a little heavy but not gritty. The polishing mod may make it slide a little easier. Leaving off one of the return springs has been noted to reduce the pull to around 6 pounds. I may just do the polishing since I find the pull fine.

My reset is what bothers me...a little long...but that just takes getting used to.

This is an SMG design...not a sniper rifle.

Undrpsi
Undrpsi
Undrpsi

Back to top Go down

Post by Gun Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:01 pm

Yeah I find the trigger itself to be just fine. As was mentioned, it's not a sniper rifle!

However, After about 500 rounds my trigger is failing to reset and needs a little "bump" to reset and be ready to fire again. It's as if I have to double tap the trigger - once to fire and again to reset it. I'm not sure if it is just dirty down in the trigger group or if there is an issue with the sear (both are listed as possible solutions under the "Troubleshooting" section of the owner's manual). I'm really hoping it's just dirty! I'll be taking it apart tomorrow. I'll let ya know what I find.
Gun
Gun

Back to top Go down

Post by hill92 Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:38 pm

Ok, I had my Kriss about 90% disassembled before I got nervous and decided that the trigger was actually pretty nice just the was it is.

I had parts stratetically placed across my desk as to not get anything mixed up. I got it all put back together and everything seems to work perfect.

hill92

Back to top Go down

Post by rolltide Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:33 pm

Anybody know of a good gunsmith to do a trigger job???
I'm reluctant to work on it myself
appreciate any replies and suggestions
Paul

rolltide

Back to top Go down

Post by Bushyar15 Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:47 am

Are you looking to send it to a gunsmith or you looking for someone local to your area?

rolltide wrote:Anybody know of a good gunsmith to do a trigger job???
I'm reluctant to work on it myself
appreciate any replies and suggestions
Paul

Bushyar15

Back to top Go down

Post by rolltide Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:27 am

probably send it to a gun smith...don't trust any of the local guys
Paul

rolltide

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down