KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First trigger time with my Kriss!

4 posters

Go down

First trigger time with my Kriss! Empty First trigger time with my Kriss!

Post by Canman Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:26 am

Got to walk behind my LGS and put a couple downrange. First time for me to fire a Kriss. The recoil was different kinda like opening a beer can. More of a shake than straight back recoil. Had my AAC Tirant on and I thought its was alittle loud. Gona find someone with a db gun and measure it. There was a good bit of structure around us that didnt help I know. Cant wait to get my Kriss to the range with a fifty cal. ammo can full of 45 and have alittle fun.

Canman

Back to top Go down

First trigger time with my Kriss! Empty Re: First trigger time with my Kriss!

Post by Solscud007 Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:58 am

I have only shot some 45 acp with a can and it isnt as quiet as I imagined. Of course this is because I have very little experience with real suppressors.

The SMG with Defiant Can didnt really seem all that quiet to me. Although I was wearing hearing protection.

Also when I shot a FNP-45 tactical with Osprey, it was not as quiet as i would like. It is safer on the ears but that is about it. (that time I wasnt wearing ear pro)
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi380 Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:49 pm

Solscud007- Since you do a lot of competitive shooting, would a suppressor have any advantage as far as producing less smoke and muzzle flash?
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:58 pm

Yes and no.

To be honest, I am not sure about a suppressor as I shoot my carbine. I do notice that the 16" barrel really helps to maximize the 45 acp round. So I rarely witness any muzzle flash or smoke from my barrel.

I am not sure if a suppressor is long enough to encapsulate all the smoke and flash. I think it will help but not sure if it is as good as the 16" barrel.

Here is a dark zombie shoot that I participated in last November. you can see that there is no muzzle flash out of my KRISS barrel. I am shooting WWB.

Now compare that to this where I shoot my Glock 21 and a carbine adapter. This shoot is a bit different as I am shooting lead ammo (un-jacketed) so you are seeing a lot more smoke.

Here is an earlier run last year
https://youtu.be/qbemzHBryjc?t=3m31s
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by Canman Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:40 pm

I was using it dry also I will add alittle water next time.

Canman

Back to top Go down

Post by xflt Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:18 pm

Read your can manual carefully! My Gemtech has a special note NOT to use water if possible.Gemtech says that water or water based liquids will promote corrosian of the aluminum baffle stack. Yes, water will give you the quietest report but, you've spent a lot on your can and want it last as long as possible. I use wire pulling gel ( about 1/2 a teaspoon full) and it really reduces the sound. Just make sure you use a dowel or a pencil to push the get down into the baffles, so you don't have a barrel obstruction, that would be bad! Mine muffles the sound down to that of a 22 short. Unfortunatly' my baffle stack was not pressed into the bore of the can staight ( about .006 off center) and I have to send it back to Gemtech for repair. It shoots off about 6"s at 25 yards, oh well. Good luck and enjoy!

xflt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down