KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modified Magpul AFG1

+2
azorean
Kuyanator
6 posters

Go down

Modified Magpul AFG1 Empty Modified Magpul AFG1

Post by Kuyanator Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:58 pm

So I used a little of my Dremel-Fu to fit the AFG1. Being a south-paw, I grip the front of the body with my right hand and I am always afraid that I might unintentionally drop the mag with my middle finger.

I am a fan of the AFG1 and have them on most of my ARs, so I am already familiar with the setup. I was impressed with some of your mods to the grip, however, I wanted to retain as much as the form factor as possible. So, here it is.

- Cheers

Modified Magpul AFG1 Img_0614
Kuyanator
Kuyanator

Back to top Go down

Modified Magpul AFG1 Empty Re: Modified Magpul AFG1

Post by azorean Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:28 pm

I like this mod.
I have one arriving and was gonna make the other i saw here, but now i am wondering, prob will try this one out 1st if i dont like i can always do the other afterwards.

I dont like the vertical grip it comes with feels awkwards, but using the Kriss without it i tend to put my finger on top of the bolt catch button and lock the bolt when firing wich is a no no, also i get my hands all over the side emplacement for the laser n flashlight buttons wich makes me turn them on unadvertilly, well i guess for each one of us is a diferent story, what works for one doesnt for the other.

Since im running laser n flashlight on the right rail and the flashlight is sligthly upper its not gonna stick out too much the fact the AFG is sticking foward from the frame.
azorean
azorean

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi380 Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:55 pm

I just did this with my SDP, but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet... Sad

With the 6.5" barrel on my "Kalifornia Special" the end of the Magpul grip stops just short of the end of the barrel. ;)
(I will wear gloves the first time I try it, though...)
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuyanator Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:20 pm

azorean wrote:I like this mod.
I have one arriving and was gonna make the other i saw here, but now i am wondering, prob will try this one out 1st if i dont like i can always do the other afterwards.

I dont like the vertical grip it comes with feels awkwards, but using the Kriss without it i tend to put my finger on top of the bolt catch button and lock the bolt when firing wich is a no no, also i get my hands all over the side emplacement for the laser n flashlight buttons wich makes me turn them on unadvertilly, well i guess for each one of us is a diferent story, what works for one doesnt for the other.

Since im running laser n flashlight on the right rail and the flashlight is sligthly upper its not gonna stick out too much the fact the AFG is sticking foward from the frame.

I agree with you on the vertical grip. The control mechanisms are placed in unconventional areas, I had to come up with a solution... this was mine. You should give this setup a try and like you said, if you don't like it, you could mod the rest of it; it took literally less than 15 minutes to do.

Jedi380 wrote:I just did this with my SDP, but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet... Sad

With the 6.5" barrel on my "Kalifornia Special" the end of the Magpul grip stops just short of the end of the barrel. ;)
(I will wear gloves the first time I try it, though...)

Let me know how it shoots with the grip. I was going to do the SDP route because it is easier (and I think cheaper) to SBR. I shot the SDP and found myself wanting to always shoulder the weapon on the imaginary stock. And at the rate stamps are coming, I'd figure it may take more that 6 months before I get mine. 6 months with wanting to shoulder the SDP would bug me. I wondered if the grip would mitigate the need / want to shoulder the weapon.
Kuyanator
Kuyanator

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:38 pm

Nice. I agree. The hand can inadvertently release the mag. Try removing the plate. It will be just a normal Glock mag release underneath. This might help avoid inadvertent mag release.

Out of curiosity, what happened to your factory sights?
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuyanator Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:48 pm

Solscud007 wrote:Nice. I agree. The hand can inadvertently release the mag. Try removing the plate. It will be just a normal flock mag release underneath. This might help avoid inadvertent mag release.

Out of curiosity, what happened to your factory sights?

Hmm, I'm going to have to figure out how to remove the plate. As for the sights, I still have them. I'm familiar with the MBUS sight picture and the Diamond I'm still on the fence about them. I'll probably give them another go when I'm more accustomed to the Vector platform.
Kuyanator
Kuyanator

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:55 pm

Or you can trade them to me for my spare lower housing wink wink haha.

The plate is held by some small screws. I think they are torx. They may be loctited in. Another option is to buy the extended glock 21 mag release from Lone Wolf Distributors. Same part.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kipp Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:05 am

Solscud007 wrote:
Another option is to buy the extended glock 21 mag release from Lone Wolf Distributors. Same part.

Anyone have a pic with the extended mag release on one?
Kipp
Kipp

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:10 am

I ordered a replacement mag release from kriss a while back and it was the lone wolf release. So if you remove the plate, it already is the extended mag release.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by azorean Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:27 pm

Did my DIY AFG mod, went all the way and did the other one, and it is exactly what i needed!

When i get the new Eotech ill post pictures of my Kriss to show the mod and all other stuff i made on it.
azorean
azorean

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:40 pm

azorean wrote:Did my DIY AFG mod, went all the way and did the other one, and it is exactly what i needed!

When i get the new Eotech ill post pictures of my Kriss to show the mod and all other stuff i made on it.

You are welcome. Haha I created the mod. IMHO it is the ideal grip for a short barreled KRISS.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by patman Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:23 am

After seeing a few mods here, I did the same with my AFG as well and it looks and functions great.

patman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down