KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kriss SDP bolt locks back mid-magazine

+2
buddybaja
khanate
6 posters

Go down

Kriss SDP bolt locks back mid-magazine Empty Kriss SDP bolt locks back mid-magazine

Post by khanate Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:57 pm

Hi everyone,

Shot my new SDP this afternoon...very nice pistol. Aside from a typically stiff charging handle and shooting way too low with the iron sights (read about these issues in other threads), the bolt will stay locked back randomly with a fresh round waiting to feed. Hitting the bolt release chambers the new round. I've had no other issues, but could not find anyone else with this problem online. It's happening with Federal American Eagle 230g as specified as one of their recommended rounds. Any ideas?

khanate

Back to top Go down

Kriss SDP bolt locks back mid-magazine Empty Re: Kriss SDP bolt locks back mid-magazine

Post by buddybaja Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:06 am

Make sure that you are not riding the bolt release with your support hand. Make sure your thumb is tucked in

buddybaja

Back to top Go down

Kriss SDP bolt locks back mid-magazine Empty Re: Kriss SDP bolt locks back mid-magazine

Post by khanate Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:14 am

With the placement of the bolt release, this could have been the culprit...I wasn't conscious of doing it but will keep this in mind when I take it back to the range this weekend. Thanks for the quick reply! Will report after the next session...

Also curious if anyone else can *barely* get over 20 rounds in the 25 rd MAGEXs. My thumb is killing me...

khanate

Back to top Go down

Post by buddybaja Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:39 am

Get a mag loader. They sell them at academy. I did the same thibg with my KRISS I was getting so pissed until I realized it was my thumb.

buddybaja

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi380 Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:19 am

Congrats on the new SDP! I like mine, too.

Yep, watch your hand-placement near the bolt lever, I've caught myself doing that. The mag- loader works great, and works for other magazines, too! Smile
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:37 am

Yeah get the UPLULA. The Glock mag loader sucks and can break easily.

You cant put a vertical grip on the pistol but you can use a modified AFG. I would recommend going that route. It puts your support hand further forward away from the bolt catch.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by patman Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:52 am

The UPLULA works great and works on a bunch of other mags as well. Another +1 for the AFG. Very simple to do and functions perfectly.

patman

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:53 am

patman wrote:Another +1 for the AFG. Very simple to do and functions perfectly.

It's cause im a genius. Haha
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by patman Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:10 pm

I'll give it to ya,lol

Last edited by patman on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)

patman

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:54 pm

"You cant put a vertical grip on the pistol but you can use a modified AFG. I would recommend going that route. It puts your support hand further forward away from the bolt catch".

Or you can get a Gear Sector Hand Stop so you can slide your support hand all the way forward (putting tension on the single point sling for more stability). I have one on my SDP and it works great. I don't have any pictures of it yet (will take some this weekend) but I do have a picture of the same hand stop on my 7.5" AK which works great. Better control and keeps my hand away from the muzzle. For my SDP I took a Tango Down rail cover and cut it to fit with a miter box/saw. Slid the hand stop on, bolted it down and I was ready to rock in about 20 minutes. Installed it the same way on my SDP.

MadDog partytime

Kriss SDP bolt locks back mid-magazine DSC00151_zps1bd603aa

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down