KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bolt lock back issues?

3 posters

Go down

Bolt lock back issues? Empty Bolt lock back issues?

Post by bravada Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:18 am

Hello,
I've got a question about the charging handle and the bolt locking back. My local class 3 dealer got two SBR/SO's in stock and I think one of the two is messed up. When I tried locking back the bolt on the messed up one it's nearly impossible and takes great physical effort. The dealer decided to employ a method of jerking the charging handle back while he thrust the rifle towards the floor. While that method worked I have never handled a weapon that required such force and effort to lock the bolt back. I asked to see the other rifle he got in and I had no problem locking the bolt back, it was how I would expect it to function.

Is it possible that he put the bolt in upside down playing around breaking it down? I would think you wouldn't be able to cycle the bolt back with it upside down but I'm not familiar enough with the weapon to know the difference. I'm just wondering if he got a bad gun from Kriss or is there something else going on. I'm interested in buying the gun that works correctly but if the bad one is a normal example of quality from Kriss than I have my doubts about buying one at all.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

bravada

Back to top Go down

Bolt lock back issues? Empty Re: Bolt lock back issues?

Post by Solscud007 Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:04 am

Hmm it is hard to diagnose from so little information. One thing you should check is the serial number of both. There have been some updates to the Vector. Im not sure if a stiffer buffer spring is one of them. I know they went with a stiffer mag spring for the mag extensions.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by bravada Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:59 pm

The rifles are both brand new, the dealer got them in last week. The serial numbers are 45R0024**. One other thing to note. We did a test fire today and the bad one fired and ejected 2 magazines worth of ammo just fine.

I was satisfied today that the good one was in proper working order so I pulled the trigger on my 6 month wait. Hopefully the bad one was just an out of tolerance fluke and will have no bearing on the rifle I'm getting.

Now to look up whether any of the new 500 lumen Surefire lights will fit in that hole, I'm not optimistic. Thanks for the quick reply Solscud007.

bravada

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:09 am

Bravada, I am sort of a SureFire expert. Here is my meager collection of SureFire lights as of June 2011.

Bolt lock back issues? Sf_lig10

Not to toot my horn but I am probably the ONLY Kriss owner to experiment with lights on the Vector platform.

To answer your question. No. The SureFire P2X Fury (I got two free from SureFire for a Xmas photo contest) will not fit unless you use a flashlight mount.

The integrated light is designed around an E1B backup. However you dont HAVE to use one. You need a single cell E-series light body. Then you can use any e-series compatible head. Given the single cell limitation there are very little heads out there that will work. So then you can use custom LED heads.

You can get a special 1-cell extender that makes the light 2 cell. However this will push the head past the SBR barrel and you will have issues with muzzle blast coating your light.

You could get a light grip that can take the Fury and use it as a vertical grip light.

If you have questions let me know.

Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by bravada Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:34 am

Only the ZM2 CombatLight looks like it could be small enough but probably no dice. I suppose at least the EB1 Backup is up to 200 lumens this year. Since your a self professed SureFire expert, is there anyway to get a strobe setting on my P2X Fury? Thanks.

bravada

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:16 am

Yes but it depends how much money you want to spend. I know aguy that customizes lights. I had him customize two of my Surefire lights. They have multiple modes and a strobe thanks to a new programmed driver. You can request specific modes.

Mine goes high, strobe then steps down til 0.1 lumens in 4 steps. Click the light on and off 20 times real fast and it will switch to a memory mode. Low med high and stays there unless you double tap to switch level.

Sorry but the ZM2 will not work. The design of the light mount is specific to the e-series body. You have to remove the pocket clip and a set screw holds the body where the clip would be. Also the integrated light requires a scoutlight tape switch and tailcap. You can't activate the light any other way. And there is no room for anything else.

Again you can use the lights you want if you use a light adapter mount and mount it to a rail.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by bravada Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:22 am

Solscud007 wrote:Yes but it depends how much money you want to spend.
By the way you phase that I'll assume it's nearly the cost of another light?

bravada

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:28 am

Yes. My the customization starts at $160.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by GlocksInMySocks Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:33 pm

I sent my vector back to the factory for not locking back

GlocksInMySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by bravada Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:53 am

GlocksInMySocks,
Was it really difficult to get it lock back or would it not do it at all?

bravada

Back to top Go down

Post by GlocksInMySocks Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:56 am

it would lock back sometimes, but you had to pull it back pretty good. You couldn't just pull it back and expect it to stay. However, whenever you did get it to lock back it would slam forward the second you dropped the mag.

GlocksInMySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down