KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KRISS SDP shooting low Master Thread

+13
Indysbr
Big Mac
Jiman
patman
jonj313
Kipp
UrbanKV
MadDogDan
Jedi380
huffmaj3
Solscud007
nih
CrashOmatic
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

KRISS SDP shooting low Master Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: KRISS SDP shooting low Master Thread

Post by Jiman Thu May 02, 2013 12:38 pm

Hey guys,

Just to follow up, I took your suggestions and zeroed at 50 yds.

The short version is it worked.

Once zeroed at 50, I immediately went to the 15 and than 10. POA/POI was the difference between my bore axis and optic. In my case using a Aimpoint M3 on a Larue low mount. So that put my POI about 3.5-4" low from my POA. Same for 25 yds.

I can live with that.

I didn't test any other distances and went to blowing ammo mode to have some fun and get some more rounds through the gun.

I went through about another 400 rds yesterday.

Next step is to get my irons sorted out. I didin't feel like dealing with it yesterday. After reading more here, I'm going to dial my front sight all the way down and see if I get the same results you all did.

Thanks guys for all the help.

Jiman

Back to top Go down

KRISS SDP shooting low Master Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: KRISS SDP shooting low Master Thread

Post by Jiman Thu May 02, 2013 12:48 pm

Oh, one other question based on my shooting....do you all find an inconsistencies if you shoot off the mag...Meaning if you're prone, with the extended mag on the ground for support, do you find you get any flyers or malfunctions?

I know this gun isn't designed to be a tack driver, but especially at 50, I would get the occasional flyer. In a three/five round group, I’d get one or two respectively that would be nowhere near my POA. I did this enough that I’m sure it’s not operator error. Flyers were in no particular pattern but generally about 4-5” off my POA; the rest where easily in a 2” group….and in many cases tighter than that.
This is not going to be an operational weapon. It’s pretty much going to be my fun gun for range and plinking, so I’m not really worried about it. I’m more curious than anything else.
Thanks guys.

Jiman

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Thu May 02, 2013 1:17 pm

Getting flyers while using the mag as a "monopod" has nothing to do with the mag and everything to do with a steady hand. Very slight movement on a single resting point in the middle of a firearm is magnified greatly down range. What seems like almost no movement to your eye can and will in reality change your POI by many inches.

As far as malfunctions when using the mag as a monopod, Yes that can happen and quite frequently does. Slight rearward pressure on the mag while shooting can cause the fresh round to "nose dive" on the feed ramp and cause a failure to feed properly.

MadDog

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiman Thu May 02, 2013 3:12 pm

Thanks MadDog.

Not that it matters, because you covered that it's not the reason for fliers, but although the mag was grounded, I also had both elbows and a ruck to steady the rifle, so my base was good.

Your point about the rearward pressure makes sense, because I did have a few. I had my ruck tucked in foward of my mag with forward pressure coming from me.

Thanks again for the good info, Rob

Jiman

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Thu May 02, 2013 6:05 pm

If you are going to shoot supported, the most accurate form is to support the forend as close to the barrel as possible like using a "grippod" in the bipod position or a regular bipod. Take your support hand and cup it in front of the stock butpad. Use the support hand to pull the stock into your shoulder and any sight movements or adjustments are made at the stock butpad with the support hand only. Your shooting hand is just for pressing the trigger and the carbine is supported up front "only" by the bipod. This is the way all military snipers are trained.

This technique is only good for guns with shoulder stocks and would not apply to the Kriss pistol.

MadDog

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi380 Thu May 02, 2013 7:00 pm

I ALWAYS have one flyer, no matter what gun I'm shooting! Rolling Eyes
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by nih Sat May 04, 2013 4:38 pm

what were the conditions that day? i was at range maybe a month ago w/ my sig 516 and i was getting larger than normal groups, it was maybe a 10 mph wind day and 100 yrds so didnt see wind as being a factor on the round.

what was a factor is the stupid targets at range hang down, its like a rubber mat you staple paper target to, the wind hitting it full front and was moving that mat.

Just saying, don't just look at shooter and weapon, analyze whole situation, maybe it's something else.

nih

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiman Sat May 04, 2013 9:39 pm

Conditions were fine. About as good as you could ask for...70-72 F , low humidity, and no wind.
I appreciate the suggestions MadDog has offered up. I went to the USMC Scout Sniper School back in the day as well as a bunch of others. His suggestions are correct.
But at least in my day, it was much preferred to shoot off of rucks and bean bags than bipods. The later exposed your profile more than the lower silhouette of a bag. In most schools you learn to shoot without a bipod at first. They teach you to make a fist around your front sling attachment with your support hand and either clench or relax your fist to control elevation...assuming your sling attachment is at the bottom as was common on our systems.

But that has nothing to do with this topic. I only mentioned it because I do have some firearms/long gun experience. In that experience I've seen POA/POI variances due to pressure on the mag, that had the effect of torquing the receiver, which messed with the shot.

With that said since the Kriss's lower is also the barreled receiver and magazine area, I realize I don't know what I don't know and wanted to ask.

I'll keep playing around with it and figure her out sooner than later.

Thanks again, Rob

Jiman

Back to top Go down

KRISS SDP shooting low Master Thread - Page 2 Empty At range with new Vector pistol, shooting way low

Post by ZoaFan Tue May 07, 2013 9:25 pm

Tried the iron sights and they are low. Roughly 8"

Tried zeroing the Eotech and I walked it up to about 3" before I ran out of clicks.

What's going on? What am I missing ? I'm a very experienced pistol shooter so I must be missing out on something.

ZoaFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi380 Tue May 07, 2013 10:23 pm

LOTS of posts here about this. ;)

What range (distance) are you shooting at? I finally got a front sight tool, and screwed the front sight nearly all the way down and it's pretty close... Haven't had a chance yet to get out to a 50-yd. range, that's where I want to zero mine.
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by ZoaFan Wed May 08, 2013 12:44 am

I was shooting at the yards. Not far at all.

I've tried to search but only came up with airsoft links.

ZoaFan

Back to top Go down

KRISS SDP shooting low Master Thread - Page 2 Empty KRISS SDP shooting low Master Thread

Post by Solscud007 Wed May 08, 2013 9:40 am

Im going to add all the topics into here as it seems to be a recurring issue.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Wed May 08, 2013 11:11 am

I was thinking about the complaints you guys are having.

Can you tell me or better yet show me how you shoot the KRISS SDP? Pose with the SDP how you would aim with it and have some one take a picture from the right side.

Watch this video of me at KRISS USA booth at Media Day at the Range SHOT SHOW. 8 mins and 11 secs in. I shoot the SDP for the first time.

I try a normal pistol style grip. Extending my arms out and aiming. I cant hit the steel. I then switch to my usual KRISS grip and pull the KRISS SDP in closer where it normally would be if it had a stock. Now I can hit the steel and hit it repeatedly. The last two shots were misses because I was trying to gun too fast.

https://youtu.be/g6P_Wdh-g0U?t=8m11s
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by ZoaFan Wed May 08, 2013 12:12 pm

Ok... Big learning curve when shooting this platform.

After 600 rounds I was getting good groups. This is 40 rounds at roughly 10 yards, left side I went slower and the right side I fired as fast as I could reset the trigger.

KRISS SDP shooting low Master Thread - Page 2 9y3a9yta

Overall a dream to shoot and the only feed issues I had were magazine related. Of my four mags two won't drop free and these same two caused feed issues.

ZoaFan

Back to top Go down

Post by DEVILDG03 Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:42 pm

mine too shoots really low I was not so surprised looking at it .... Will adjust it but what are you guy doing to zero it in? I was thinking on buying a 45acp bore sighter has anyone used one ?
DEVILDG03
DEVILDG03

Back to top Go down

Post by DEVILDG03 Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:03 pm

Well I just put my Amipoint H1 on and just zeroed from boresight lazer will see how much I will have to adjust this weekend
DEVILDG03
DEVILDG03

Back to top Go down

Post by High-Gear Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:03 pm

I zero'd my eotech at 25 yards, and then adjusted the mbuis to cowitness. There is plenty of adjustment with the magpul front sight. I'll likely rezero for 50 yards when the outside temps warm up this spring.

High-Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2