KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some lucky ass deer out on the range.

Go down

Some lucky ass deer out on the range. Empty Some lucky ass deer out on the range.

Post by Solscud007 Sun May 12, 2013 9:09 am

So this past Friday I was shooting my Scar 17 out to 300+ yds and 400+ yds. Trying to shoot with irons and a red dot to see if I could hit steel at those distances. I had a difficult time seeing the target. So I pulled out a cheap airsoft scope that I use on my AR. 3-9x power. On 9x I can see the 300+ and 400+ yd targets.

The 300+ yd targets are at the base of a hill. While the 400+ yd targets are further up the hill. Like 70-80 feet up the hill. We didnt have a laser range finder so I dont know the actual distance. But my friend knows they are 300 and 400 respectively.

Anyway while we are shooting and talking a deer walks right in front of the 300 yd steel targets!!! We were away from our scopes. I didnt even know the deer was there until I reviewed my video footage. I have a HD FLIP camera on a scope adapter behind my Barska spotting scope.

To add insult to injury, when my friend and I get back on our guns I engage the 400 yd target. Another deer walks right in front of the same 300 yd targets!!!!

In all honesty, I would not have shot the deer. But I find it hilarious how lucky those two deer are.

Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Some lucky ass deer out on the range. Empty Re: Some lucky ass deer out on the range.

Post by Jedi380 Sun May 12, 2013 9:47 pm

Deer -> Shocked Some lucky ass deer out on the range. 15647123 affraid

geek

Oh, and there's NO WAY I could try to shoot any kind of target smaller than a delivery truck at 400 yds. with iron sights! No

Back to top Go down

Some lucky ass deer out on the range. Empty Re: Some lucky ass deer out on the range.

Post by Canman Tue May 14, 2013 11:29 pm

Can't tell you how many times deer caused cease fire while in the Marines. Had a guy shoot one up with a sixty one time. Bad idea he had to drag it off the range with his teeth!

Canman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum