KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Kriss CRB owner this weekend. 500+ rounds since Friday...FTF issue

3 posters

Go down

New Kriss CRB owner this weekend.  500+ rounds since Friday...FTF issue Empty New Kriss CRB owner this weekend. 500+ rounds since Friday...FTF issue

Post by Crankeye Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:54 pm

Ok...so I got a new Kriss CRB on Friday and went to the range FRI/SAT/SUN and put about 500 rounds through it.  It ate everything up that I threw at it.  Except on the extended magazines.....of my two G21 13 round magazines, 1 works 100% of the time, and the other works about 75% of the time.  Its the KRISS extended magazines that got me worked up. EVERYTIME...2nd or 3rd round...Stovepipe round/FTF.  Doesn't matter if it has 10 rounds in it or if it has 25 rounds in it.  2nd or 3rd round wont work.  I read some tips and techniques here on the forum ...tried that out...no change.

Is it an anomaly that 2 Kriss Extended Magazine don't work- or is this more or less common? ............or is there a more sinister reason I should be looking at in my gun?....

SN on my gun is in the 13Ks...I am assuming it is one of the newer ones with all the upgrades?

Last edited by Crankeye on Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Crankeye

Back to top Go down

New Kriss CRB owner this weekend.  500+ rounds since Friday...FTF issue Empty CRB

Post by aragorn1 Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:34 pm

You mean the first 2 or 3 into the clip or the last 2 or 3 , end of clip? There's a thread on KrissTalk regarding the fail to feed second last round. Mine does that, but still love the darn thing, it's one cool gun to shoot and show off !!
aragorn1
aragorn1

Back to top Go down

New Kriss CRB owner this weekend.  500+ rounds since Friday...FTF issue Empty Re: New Kriss CRB owner this weekend. 500+ rounds since Friday...FTF issue

Post by Crankeye Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:49 pm

aragorn1 wrote:You mean the first 2 or 3 into the clip or the last 2 or 3 , end of clip?    There's a thread on KrissTalk regarding the fail to feed second last round.  Mine does that, but still love the darn thing, it's one cool gun to shoot and show off !!

It is the last two of the clip.  No argument on the cool - fun factor of the gun...love it.  But I hate the fact that a 1800.00 gun doesn't perform with the same degree of confidence as my WWII era M1 Carbine.....That sucker eats ammo/mags all day long....The Kriss is a prima-donna ...or the mags are...(significant $$$ for us to go and test and develop).  I saw the multi-thread 2nd to last round FTF....tried the tips suggested there...no help.

If your having the same issue.... has to be either a magazine issue (then why aren't G21 owners bitching?), or is it some odd-unexplained spring/Bolt issue (bolt angle on whatever occurs during the 2nd to last round)?

I threw my KRISS EXT mag (and ammo) at a G21 owner at the range today and he did not have any issue with FTF on the last two round of a 10 round filled KRISS Extended Mag Clip....whereas on the Vector..I am 100% sure I would have incurred a FTF on the 2nd/3rd to last round.

Crankeye

Back to top Go down

New Kriss CRB owner this weekend.  500+ rounds since Friday...FTF issue Empty CRB

Post by aragorn1 Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:58 pm

Yours is EXACTLY like mine, I'm in Canada so mine was substantially more than you paid. lol
For the life of me I don't get it, when I load only 3 in magazine I get no jams, 4 or more and I get ftf.
How the hell does the gun know how many are in magazine? Hahahaha. It must be the magazines, I have taken my mags apart and cleansed and lubed, still does it. My serial number is in the 12900 range. I have outfitted mine with three accessories and the last thing I want to do is remove them to be sent in for repair.
I'm really hoping it's the mags and we can move on from this thing. I'm waiting this week for some more info from Kriss customer service. Presently my work around is load the mag with eight rounds and shoot 5 or load only three
aragorn1
aragorn1

Back to top Go down

New Kriss CRB owner this weekend.  500+ rounds since Friday...FTF issue Empty Re: New Kriss CRB owner this weekend. 500+ rounds since Friday...FTF issue

Post by Crankeye Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:09 pm

aragorn1 wrote:Yours is EXACTLY like mine, I'm in Canada so mine was substantially more than you paid.  lol
For the life of me I don't get it, when I load only 3 in magazine I get no jams, 4 or more and I get ftf.
How the hell does the gun know how many are in magazine?  Hahahaha.  It must be the magazines, I have taken my mags apart and cleansed and lubed, still does it.  My serial number is in the 12900 range. I have outfitted mine with three accessories and the last thing I want to do is remove them to be sent in for repair.
I'm really hoping it's the mags and we can move on from this thing.   I'm waiting this week for some more info from Kriss customer service.  Presently my work around is load the mag with eight rounds and shoot 5 or load only three

I think I am going to call them this week and set-up a repair ticket....send in all my mags and gun and tell them to either fix it so that it has a 100% success rate...or make it right.  Anything less is unacceptable for an 1800.00 gun.  I am scratching my head wondering why M1A Springield owners do not suffer the same FTF issues?  Why don't high-end AR owners suffer the same? I have more confidence right now with my WWII vintage semi rifles/carbines than I do with this gun/mag combo (from the factory). If KRISS was ticketed as a 500.00 gun...then "eeehhh" deal with it and work through it.  On an 2K gun?  that gun better function flawlessly with their recommended ammo with their sanctioned/named magazines.  I cant imagine the SWAT or Military accepting a FTF/no bolt lock back on 2nd/3rd round.  I am in the military (OEF/OIF VET) and can say 100% this gun/mag combo is a non-starter.

It's cool...it's fun to show-off. Fun to shoot....but I have a lot of those kinda weapons that function with confidence at a lot lower price point that I can use for the same purposes (home defense/varmit hunting) that work 100% of the time......all the time.

Crankeye

Back to top Go down

Post by aragorn1 Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:18 pm

Yeah, I get it, had I seen this forum before the purchase I probably would have bought the Tavor. Your likely in the USA?, so shipping back not as much of a nightmare as shipping back from Canada. I can't figure out why when they know about this they keep shipping the darn things.....Good luck ! Keep in touch
aragorn1
aragorn1

Back to top Go down

Post by Crankeye Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:05 am

I am having some serious "regret" feelings.  Not overly impressed with the reliability of the Kriss Vector (no confidence towards the end of a mag)- nor their ability to get after fixing it.  Below is a response I got from them  2-3 months to fix a problem...with a one year warranty...laughable.  I should have got a Scout M1A....Never have had to return a Springfield.  Wont be recommending this gun and warranty support anytime soon.

"Thank you for contacting KRISS USA. In order to issue you an RMA number for repair I will need to get some information from you first. Please respond with the following information. Once I have this information I will issue you an RMA number for repair and provide shipping instructions.

Currently there is a wait time estimated at 2 - 3 months as we are waiting on parts. So what you can do is provide me with your information below and I will keep your contact information and let you know when we are ready to move forward with the RMA process. This is to prevent us from holding your firearm for a lengthy period.

Crankeye

Back to top Go down

Post by aragorn1 Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:19 am

I received same.... If they have parts coming they obviously know what the issue is. Let us know what it is, maybe it can be remedied sooner on our own, or in my case send parts to me vs shipping my gun back to USA
aragorn1
aragorn1

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasEagle Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:34 am

Try this:
http://www.krisstalk.com/t1107-stovepipe-problem-with-kriss-mags-likely-solved

TexasEagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Crankeye Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:39 am

TexasEagle wrote:Try this:
http://www.krisstalk.com/t1107-stovepipe-problem-with-kriss-mags-likely-solved

Thanks- but already tried that.  Spent a couple of hours on Sunday with some needle-nose pliers getting them perfectly line up.  No change. Hard to say what this problem is as the mags work fine in a G21. (1) 13 round mag works 100% of the time. The other 13 round mag works 75% of the time (no visible difference to either one exterior or interior). The Kriss Factory Made Magazine (not kit) fail 100% of the time.

Crankeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down