KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question on Mags and Ammo

+3
nih
Solscud007
tangomike3
7 posters

Go down

Question on Mags and Ammo Empty Question on Mags and Ammo

Post by tangomike3 Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:39 pm

Is it better to go with 1 piece high capacity mags or to go with the Glock mag and extension kit? I have seen some different brands and not sure if they would be better quality for a bit more money.

Question 2. Looking at buying some bulk ammo. Should I stay with FMJ or will the Kriss feed just about any type bullet such as JHP? 230 grain or less?

Thanks for the responses.
tangomike3
tangomike3

Back to top Go down

Question on Mags and Ammo Empty Re: Question on Mags and Ammo

Post by Solscud007 Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Check this out.

http://www.krisstalk.com/t17-mag-extensions

With ammo, I'm not sure. I have shot remanufactured bullets from mastercast. Fmj wwb and PNW arms kriss ammo.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by nih Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:18 pm

kriss 25+ rd mags seem to always work, dont buy a 13 rd glock mag and an extension if you dont already own the glock mags.

aftermarket 30 rd mags you might get a bad one in the lot, depends where you buy it if they will exchange it or not. luck of draw if they work or not it seems with aftermarket.

pretty much 230gr FMJ, list below from manual, dont worry about manufacturer as long as specs same, i wouldnt worry about shooting anything but fmj, it just cost more, its not really cheaper, shop around, 30-32/rd seems to be going "good" price.

Federal American Eagle, .45 ACP, 230gr., FMJ
• Remington .45 ACP, 230gr., FMJ
US Government MILSPEC .45 ACP, 230gr., FMJ (Olin Corp.)
• Remington .45 Auto, 230gr., Golden Saber HPJ
• Winchester, .45 ACP, 230gr., FMJ (White Box)
• Winchester, .45 ACP, 230gr., JHP, USA .45 ACP JHP
Federal Premium, Personal Defense Low-Recoil, Hydra-Shok, .45 ACP165gr. JHP PD45H53H

i bought a box of each, remington, pmc, winchester, privi, black hills,..maybe another, they all ran fine, doesnt seem each kriss is unique, confident tell you best deal on better brand and you'll be fine, but safe way, buy each box, run them, pick which you like the best and shoot it, i thought winchester was nicer, less smoke, but ended buying pmc bulk 1000, money talks eh...

nih

Back to top Go down

Post by mambro Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:18 am

+1 for going with the KRISS "25+ round" magazines vs. aftermarket configs out there. The thread Solscud007 mentions above is well worth the read... especially the embedded link on page 2 to this GlockTalk thread:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18994504&postcount=4

nih wrote:...list below from manual...
I have noticed that the Owner's Manual is not always in sync with the website info:

http://www.kriss-usa.com/compatible-ammunition

One example, Winchester "White Box" is no longer listed online. (Many of us still use it, along with whatever else Walmart sells... Federal Champion, Blazer Brass, etc.)

mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by DV8 Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:17 pm

AMMO

Today I tried 4 different ammo brands. 2 which is on your list of compatable ammo..
*PMC
*American eagle
The others are-
*Magtech 230gr FMC (45A) {blue box}
*Herter's Select Grade (brass casing not steel) {black box}

Weapon: KRISS CRB
~Magazines used: KRISS V extended mag 25+ & glock21 13 rd.

I did 30 rds of Magtech as fast as I can shoot it through the KRISS CRB. No problems & brass was not really dirty. Only smoke I seen was the dirt behind the target @ 35 yrds through my reflex optic.
Next I did 13 rds of Herters select grade as fast as I can shoot it. Same results as Magtech.
Before I shot these rounds I was using the PMC.
No problems with 13rds but did notice the PMC brass was dirty & noticed half the brass casing on some was darker.
When I did 30rds rapid of the PMC it did not fire after the 20th rd. I racked the bolt back, round ejected & continued at a slower rate of fire..
I punched the bore, cleaned & lubed area as per manual. Repeated with 30rd rapid fire with
PMC and again this time on the 21st rd it did not fire, racked it back, round ejected & finished off going rapid..
On my KRISS CRB I don't think I would do 30rd rapid with PMC, 13 rd magazine yes..
American eagle, Magtech I like it seems cleaner than PMC, as with Herters Select Grade I still need to do 30rd rapid fire test, but still like what I see after 13th rd, even the last casing of Herters was not as half as dirty like the PMC brass.
Before this ammo test today, I only put 200rds of PMC 6 days ago.. Only had my KRISS a little over a week and just today shot over 400 rds & 200 was of PMC. Just wanted to share today's experience.

DV8
DV8

Back to top Go down

Post by CatMostFeared Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:43 am

Thanks for sharing
CatMostFeared
CatMostFeared
Admin

http://www.krisstalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sho530ia Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:57 am

Have any of you tried the PMC eRange ammo? They claim it's environmentally friendly.

I haven't tried their 45 (haven't found any at the shows). I have used the 9mm. I love it. No cycling problems. Spent casings look super clean! I'm hoping that results in less fouling in the weapon as well.

Sho530ia

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:41 am

Try PNW Arms kriss 45. It is pretty clean.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by nih Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:07 pm

Try PNW Arms kriss 45. It is pretty clean.

PNW $29/box vs pmc $16/box ..eh

just wondering on the pmc jams, same mag?

nih

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down